Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 09:04 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Personally, I never use cruise control. Too many things can happen on the road and then you aren't completely in control of your car. It scares me.
NFN but perhaps you need some driving instruction, A simple tap on the brake disengages the cruise control. Try it, it works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 11:00 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
Quote:
Personally, I never use cruise control. Too many things can happen on the road and then you aren't completely in control of your car. It scares me.
It seems you don't understand how cruise control works

Old 09-23-2013, 11:37 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,653,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Is anyone else sick reading this? The fact that you have to pay an attorney to get your speed lowered. I dunno. Why would a lawyer be able to reduce the ticket? What do they do? What do they say? Can a regular Joe walk in there and do the same?
At the end of the day you got a ticket for what an officer perceived as dangerous driving. The radar is used solely to back up the officer, not the other way around.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:24 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,433,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS_DUDE View Post
At the end of the day you got a ticket for what an officer perceived as dangerous driving. The radar is used solely to back up the officer, not the other way around.
That pertains to my post how?

Old 09-23-2013, 07:42 PM

843 posts, read 2,099,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Is anyone else sick reading this? The fact that you have to pay an attorney to get your speed lowered. I dunno. Why would a lawyer be able to reduce the ticket? What do they do? What do they say? Can a regular Joe walk in there and do the same?
You pay the Attorney. The Attorney makes donations to the Judges reelection campaign. The Judge lowers the ticket for you. Nice neat circle of corruption...

Old 09-23-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Automation relieves you from actually having to focus on operating the vehicle, and concentrate more on what is around you. At least, that is the idea behind it. Unfortunately it also allows some people to put on makeup, eat breakfast, etc. LOL.

Soon I hope to see not only radar based cruise control + brake assist but also lane control (probably out already, I haven't really be keeping up) on lower end cars, not just luxury ones.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmickey View Post
You pay the Attorney. The Attorney makes donations to the Judges reelection campaign. The Judge lowers the ticket for you. Nice neat circle of corruption...
Is that "tickle down economics" at work?!?

Old 09-24-2013, 05:19 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,596,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey919 View Post
Sheesh - calm down -- no need to get nasty.
I was calm. You should have seen what I originally wrote.

Quote:
Personally I do stay out of the left lane . . . .
Good. I do too. I stay right except to pass. Let the crazies going 83 use the left lane.

Quote:
. . . . the POINT WAS that it is UNDERSTANDABLE how someone could be driving 83 on 40 because people -- like you I imagine -- do not think that the LAW applies to them and for whatever reason feel compelled to drive way over the speed LIMIT so they can get where they are going a few minutes quicker than everyone else.
Jeez. Now who's getting nasty?

Old 09-24-2013, 11:24 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,943,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmickey View Post

This thread is so full of failure and misinformation its comical. You CAN get the ticket reduced on your own. You are paying the attorney to not have to take 3 hours out of a week day to go deal with the case. On your average speeding ticket the "corrupt" attorney makes about 60-75 bucks. 190 of the costs go to the court. If you have a clean driving record then I don't think there is any danger in handling the ticket on your own. If you have multiple violations in the past few years its probably smart to retain an attorney to make sure you don't inadvertantly lose your license or increase your insurance.

Old 09-24-2013, 12:41 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
This thread is so full of failure and misinformation its comical. You CAN get the ticket reduced on your own. You are paying the attorney to not have to take 3 hours out of a week day to go deal with the case. On your average speeding ticket the "corrupt" attorney makes about 60-75 bucks. 190 of the costs go to the court. If you have a clean driving record then I don't think there is any danger in handling the ticket on your own. If you have multiple violations in the past few years its probably smart to retain an attorney to make sure you don't inadvertantly lose your license or increase your insurance.
What is really comical is that you think you can beat their system.
Why should the judge want to deal with you when he can resolve 100 speeding tickets by one attorney in the time it take him to pronounce you guilty?

There are lots of things do it yourselfers can do to save money, dealing with the courts is not one of them.
Certain jobs have to be left to the professionals even if you think they are corrupt. They can and do keep people from getting points attached to their license and increasing their insurance premiums.

There is a saying that applies here. Anybody who acts as their own attorney has a fool for a client.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary