Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 01:43 PM

578 posts, read 3,081,336 times

Advertisements

I went through there last weekend. Seems like a decent neighborhood with a nice mix of residents. There's sidewalks, decent sized lots. For someone that doesn't want "cookie cutter" that'll be a stretch for this development IMO as there only seems to be a handful of house styles and they're repeated often, sometimes right across the street from one another. Note some of the houses don't have garages or gutters. But the development itself seemed to be decent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 02:21 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,436,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhwilkin View Post
Sounds good, thanks for your perspective!

I don't think I can post it here, but its possible to find photos of homes in Jones Dairy currently on the market. Find a major real estate company in Raleigh - most can seach all the homes on MLS. Type in Jones Dairy Farm and you'll get about 9 hits... you can click on the pics and get a feel for the inside...

The biggest drawback I see (at a glance) is cosmetic. Mainly dark wood and trim - but that can be painted. Small kitchens and boxy floor plans - again - very common for the time frame (late 80's - very early 90s). If you love an open floor plan, this neighborhood may not be for you. Masonry style fireplaces.. more vinyl than hardwoods - again dark, dark wood - these are some of the things I noticed while glancing at the online pics. A few for sale appear to have their original roof - follow up with that.. it may be a negotiating tool in a resale... Also, many homes built in that era had polybuteline piping - it was a defective product and lawsuits followed.. but hopefully the plumbing has been replaced. Also, look out for masonite siding. Issues with that too - but if it was properly maintained all should be fine. ....

Old 05-24-2008, 05:31 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
We looked at Jones Dairy subdivision today. We liked it, but my husband was concerned with the homes being older. (20yrs or so) He likes the style of the homes, but thinks now is when you need a roof, A/C, water heater, etc. It would be nice if we could find a vacant piece of land in that sd or something similar. Any suggestions? We can build a new home, same size, same price. We prefer a 1/2 acre or more. Does anyone know any other sd that are similar in Wake Forest?

Old 10-15-2008, 12:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,771 times
Default Jones Dairy Farm

I bought a brand new home in Jones Dairy in 1999. My children and I LOVED it there, and I only left because I HAD to! Almost everyone I know that had new homes built when I moved into the Sweetclover side are still there. The neighbors are awesome and I will be going back there as soon as I can!!
The yards are the best size of any subdivision around and there are no home owner's dues. That also means no pool, etc, but it is an awesome place to be and very friendly, family-oriented people.
We use to have street parties and pool parties at some of the friends homes.
Writing this makes me want to go back NOW!! LOL!

Old 10-15-2008, 01:06 PM

I really like it in there too. It's an older neighborhood with decent sized lots. It's hard to find decent sized lots, that's why it appealed to me. I like traditional homes which they have. I don't care for cookie-cutter neighborhoods, but it doesn't feel like that to me.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:03 PM

3 posts, read 7,432 times
Default Wonderful Neighborhood

I live in Jones Dairy Farm! We just bought our first home here in April 08! We absolutely love it so much! We put an offer on four different homes here until we finally got into the home we are in now. This is exactly where I wanted to be. No, we are not that fancy but we are a wonderful bunch! We do not have a neighborhood swimming pool but we are close to the Wake Forest pool. Most of our families have their own pools, and we're all so close i'm sure your neighbor would invite you over quite often for a swim. Yes, we are right across the street from our grade school Jones Dairy Elementary which is a wonderful school. Yes, our homes are getting a little older in age. But non of them are by any means falling apart. Families here really do care about their homes also. During the spring and summer you see a lot of work going on. Which is awsome. We also have very large lots and are not on top of one another! We looked for a very long time and could not find a home that had everything we wanted in our price range. We are very happy with our home and neighborhood! We updated a few things once we moved in but with the price and with the property we couldn't have done any better elsewhere. The home that the previous post was about with the forclosed home is actually a really nice home. I also just established what we call JDF in Touch. Because we did not want a Home Owners Association, we still came up with a way to get everybody together. We have committees formed and we do a lot as a community! We are very close to the mall and shopping, but we are also far enough away from heavy traffic.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder013 View Post
I live in Jones Dairy Farm! We just bought our first home here in April 08! We absolutely love it so much! We put an offer on four different homes here until we finally got into the home we are in now. This is exactly where I wanted to be. No, we are not that fancy but we are a wonderful bunch! We do not have a neighborhood swimming pool but we are close to the Wake Forest pool. Most of our families have their own pools, and we're all so close i'm sure your neighbor would invite you over quite often for a swim. Yes, we are right across the street from our grade school Jones Dairy Elementary which is a wonderful school. Yes, our homes are getting a little older in age. But non of them are by any means falling apart. Families here really do care about their homes also. During the spring and summer you see a lot of work going on. Which is awsome. We also have very large lots and are not on top of one another! We looked for a very long time and could not find a home that had everything we wanted in our price range. We are very happy with our home and neighborhood! We updated a few things once we moved in but with the price and with the property we couldn't have done any better elsewhere. The home that the previous post was about with the forclosed home is actually a really nice home. I also just established what we call JDF in Touch. Because we did not want a Home Owners Association, we still came up with a way to get everybody together. We have committees formed and we do a lot as a community! We are very close to the mall and shopping, but we are also far enough away from heavy traffic.
You're right the homes aren't on top of one another. I really like that. I wish I could've gotten my hands on that home on Jumper.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:58 AM

3 posts, read 7,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
You're right the homes aren't on top of one another. I really like that. I wish I could've gotten my hands on that home on Jumper.

Yeah, It's actually Juniper. Friends of ours were so jelous when they came and saw where we lived. They tried to get that house on Juniper as well. But their offer was not accepted They did end up find a house in Wake Forest, but are still dissapointed that they didn't get into Jones Dairy Farm

Old 03-24-2009, 11:00 AM

1 posts, read 2,514 times
The neighborhood is great. People are nice, safe, no home owner association, etc. Sure there are a few houses in here that need some TLC, but the people who need TLC on their houses have either lived here since it was built, can not afford the renovations, or just do not care. The nice houses in here far out weigh the bad ones. The elementary school is located across the road which is a bonus. There is not pool here, but a new gym is opening three miles away that offers indoor and outdoor pools. The membership to the club is cheaper than someone who pays membership in subdivisions. The area is growing with places to shop, and let's face it for the prices of the houses you get a yard, houses that are not stacked on top of eachother, and most importantly to several people, the neighbors do not live beyond their means or think they are better than anyone else (like the neighboring subdivisions). If you want to live in a friendly neighborhood and a safe place to raise children Jones Dairy is a great place to live.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom/Auntof2 View Post
The neighborhood is great. People are nice, safe, no home owner association, etc. Sure there are a few houses in here that need some TLC, but the people who need TLC on their houses have either lived here since it was built, can not afford the renovations, or just do not care. The nice houses in here far out weigh the bad ones. The elementary school is located across the road which is a bonus. There is not pool here, but a new gym is opening three miles away that offers indoor and outdoor pools. The membership to the club is cheaper than someone who pays membership in subdivisions. The area is growing with places to shop, and let's face it for the prices of the houses you get a yard, houses that are not stacked on top of eachother, and most importantly to several people, the neighbors do not live beyond their means or think they are better than anyone else (like the neighboring subdivisions). If you want to live in a friendly neighborhood and a safe place to raise children Jones Dairy is a great place to live.
Definately sounds like my type of subdivision! That's great they are opening an outdoor pool down the street. How much is that going to cost? Once again, the thing that attracted me about JD was the nice size lots and the style of the homes. Are there any vacant lots there? I don't recall, but just maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary