Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2013, 07:53 AM

120 posts, read 235,910 times

Advertisements

Any comments or reviews? I can't locate any anywhere on this place?

My kids are in day two of the art camp and I can say so far, I am not impressed. I hope today changes my mind, but perhaps I had different expectations for a track out camp that this week specializes in Art for $240 per week. Nothing included(lunch, etc). The facility is unimpressive, the kids stay in a small room all day for everything and their recess or outside play time is in a fence in area with a basketball hoop and dirt/grass. First day, they kids said they did water colors on paper before lunch time only. The facility seems owned/run by the same of Bright beginning and they certainly seem very nice. Oh, and online it says main Art camp is 9-3 but open from 7-6 which for many working parents is key. What they did not communicate was that its extra $ before 9 and after 3 and that is just blended in with after care. They did waive the fee since the communication was not there for our week. The kids seem happy enough to go so that is good and gives me hope that it will hopefully turn around. Just wanted to see if others had more experiences or other comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 03:35 PM

My kids just finished their week here and I wanted to complete my review since there are none out on the web at all and hope to help others.

My kids just finished a week of Art camp at Discover Arts Acadamy and Im very disappointed and not impressed with this camp. The week cost $240 per kid and does not include any food, etc. The hours are 9-3. For that price with nothing included and those hours, I had expectations of a great Art camp. This was no more than day care that included a few hours of coloring time. The staff was nice enough and facility was ok, but the kids spent most of their day in a very small room or on a playground that was a fenced in area of dirt/grass with a slab of concrete and basketball hoop only. I had originally considered the other themed camps but will defiinitely not be sending my kids back to this camp

Old 10-03-2013, 09:38 PM

23 posts, read 31,969 times
For spring break the Halle Cultural Center will offer a combination of two mini camps,in the morning a theater-drama camps and in the afternoon art(but not just watercolors,they'll make puppets,paint,masks) it's only from 9:30-4 and it's $200

Old 10-04-2013, 12:46 PM

Thank you. And I think a big point for my review I missed to communicate properly because of my disappointment on the whole experience. My original reason for sending my kids to this camp was for the "ART" camp part of it. There may have spent a little more time on art than the average camp, but nothing very creative. Only on paper with basic supplies. Again, may have been my expectations and my reasoning for sending my kids to Art camp. I even question the qualifications of the staff in the Art area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary