Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 12:44 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,187,022 times

Advertisements

Just drove by this afternoon and the spot that said "Dunkin Donuts coming soon" is now being developed. Harris Teeter is moving along now too right in front of the row of townhomes that face Kildaire Farm. Sure would love to look at the back of a grocery store from my new home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 06:05 PM

3 posts, read 4,891 times
Anyone have any updates or opinions on stonebridge now? It's seems like the prices are pretty good now. Any other neighborhoods in Cary for the lower/mid 300 price range that would be a better value. How about the schools? I am moving to thearea and there are so many good places that it is hard to decide if this is the place we want to call home?

Old 03-30-2010, 12:18 PM

838 posts, read 2,523,588 times
I live a little further down Arthur Pierce Rd. and have watched Stonebridge be built up over the past year or so. It seems like there are a lot of houses going up now, but the lots are extremely small. There is one pair of houses so close, I wonder why they even bothered putting windows on the sides, can't be more than 10-15ft apart. One of the reasons my wife and I chose to live out in that area is so we could get a bigger size lot, I don't understand why folks would want a postage stamp size lot and still have a 20-30 minute drive into work.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:13 PM

306 posts, read 882,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspian65 View Post
I live a little further down Arthur Pierce Rd. and have watched Stonebridge be built up over the past year or so. It seems like there are a lot of houses going up now, but the lots are extremely small. There is one pair of houses so close, I wonder why they even bothered putting windows on the sides, can't be more than 10-15ft apart. One of the reasons my wife and I chose to live out in that area is so we could get a bigger size lot, I don't understand why folks would want a postage stamp size lot and still have a 20-30 minute drive into work.
A 20 - 30 minute drive to work?? Stonebridge is pretty close to everything. I personally wouldn't live there because the quality of the houses seems very low. It's a really drab looking area and all the houses look the same. But it is close to everything Cary has to offer unless you need to be up by the airport or something.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:10 PM

2 posts, read 2,804 times
We'll be moving into Stonebridge this summer. Basically at our price range (low 300s) there had to be a few concessions. We didn't want to be too far out in the boonies (Holly Springs or Fuquay) so probably the biggest compromise for us was the small lot sizes. This however is not as important to us as it might be to some people. Just enough of a backyard for the kids to play in and some nice landscaping should do fine for us.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:45 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrain View Post
We'll be moving into Stonebridge this summer. Basically at our price range (low 300s) there had to be a few concessions. We didn't want to be too far out in the boonies (Holly Springs or Fuquay) so probably the biggest compromise for us was the small lot sizes. This however is not as important to us as it might be to some people. Just enough of a backyard for the kids to play in and some nice landscaping should do fine for us.
You do realize that Holly Springs is only 2 miles down the road from your location?

Old 04-01-2010, 08:24 AM

838 posts, read 2,523,588 times
Unless you are dead-set on buying a new home, there are many comparable homes in that area for sale in the low 300's with much more to offer in terms of land and amenities.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:44 AM

2 posts, read 2,804 times
Well, yes, it's not the distance that matters, it's the commute time and convenience. Stonebridge is basically right at the threshold and is actually a bit further out than would be ideal.

We did look at a lot of used places, and yes as far as land goes we could get more but like I said we don't care about that. We've actually always lived in larger cities like L.A. and New York and are used to living with little (or no) property to maintain. Since I'd rather be doing something besides riding around on my John Deere all weekend and don't really feel like paying someone else to maintain a large property, this works fine for us. I do like the fact that we're real close to stores, restaurants, etc. though. Not crazy about having to drive 5 or 10 minutes each way just to pick up something at the store.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:21 AM

3 posts, read 4,891 times
Default stonebridge

I don't think the construction there is shoddy at all. You're getting fiber cement with 30 year warranty. Yes its a little further south than we wanted but still lots of good things around it. If you compare it to greystone, harmony, briar creek, cary park, the lennar community near the airport (forgot the name) I think stonebridge is a good value. The big disadvantage that I see is the real small lots, but you get about everything else. I took advantage of their options promotion and will be able to fill the home with lots of cool features all for under 330k. And as much as I would have liked a larger lot, it will free up time on the weekends and make it easier to meet your neighbors.

Old 09-20-2014, 05:30 PM

1 posts, read 683 times
Hi,

As residents near by, do any of you experience noise affiliated with the shopping center? We are thinking of purchasing a home near by. Ie, dumpsters being loudly emptied in the night or morning or other, such as traffic or other noise.

Many thanks in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary