Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 01:38 PM

225 posts, read 215,744 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find an apartment that can suit my needs, but there are so many in the area. I figured I see if I can grab some suggestions from this community based on what I am needing, from people who live in them already. Some places look good, others not (pictures and user reviews). Just looking for suggestions. Thanks.

> Someplace as close to nature looking as possible. I currently live in the woods and enjoy the scenery and quiet.
> Less than $600/month (bedroom count not matter)
> Quiet area (no gun shots, robberies, attacks, traffic, loud music blasting)
> Country setting (I look outside and see trees, not stores)
> Onsite storage rooms (or just really big apartments)
> Onsite 24/7 office (in case my fax or printer goes down at 3a)
> Onsite maintenance and emergency 24/7 maintenance
> Pet friendly (have dog and cat)
> Looking for places near Capital Boulevard (Wake Forest, Raleigh) outwards
> Either washer/dryer hookups or included
> Professional staff (some tenants claim their staff at places they are are inconsiderate jerks)
> Place is well maintained and constantly being up-kept (clean pool, walkways, stairs, etc)
> dishwasher
> pest controlled

Bonuses?
> Porch/balcony
> fitness center
> Includes utilities if possible

I guess that be it. Again, looking for some ideas.

Last edited by ThySeeker; 10-27-2013 at 02:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 03:02 PM

19,383 posts, read 27,645,265 times
I'm not trying to be obnoxious, but you're kidding, right? I don't think ANY apartment in this area would fit all those demands, regardless of price. And at $600/month? Never.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:10 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,115,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I'm not trying to be obnoxious, but you're kidding, right? I don't think ANY apartment in this area would fit all those demands, regardless of price. And at $600/month? Never.
Yeah. That sounds unrealistic. I'd think that it would cost closer to 800 to even scratch the surface of that list. For a 1BR, at that. 1k a month for a 1BR might actually meet those. Might.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:57 PM

19,383 posts, read 27,645,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Yeah. That sounds unrealistic. I'd think that it would cost closer to 800 to even scratch the surface of that list. For a 1BR, at that. 1k a month for a 1BR might actually meet those. Might.
You know, I'm trying to think of ONE apartment complex here that has 24/7 business services, professional staff, is constantly kept up, never had loud music blasting, and onsite storage units.

I suspect the nearest building like that would be in DC or Manhattan.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:14 PM

22,633 posts, read 36,593,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
You know, I'm trying to think of ONE apartment complex here that has 24/7 business services, professional staff, is constantly kept up, never had loud music blasting, and onsite storage units.

I suspect the nearest building like that would be in DC or Manhattan.
Don't forget all that, and in the middle of the woods, too!

Old 10-27-2013, 04:21 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,107,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThySeeker View Post
I am trying to find an apartment that can suit my needs, but there are so many in the area. I figured I see if I can grab some suggestions from this community based on what I am needing, from people who live in them already. Some places look good, others not (pictures and user reviews). Just looking for suggestions. Thanks.

> Someplace as close to nature looking as possible. I currently live in the woods and enjoy the scenery and quiet.
> Less than $600/month (bedroom count not matter)
> Quiet area (no gun shots, robberies, attacks, traffic, loud music blasting)
> Country setting (I look outside and see trees, not stores)
> Onsite storage rooms (or just really big apartments)
> Onsite 24/7 office (in case my fax or printer goes down at 3a)
> Onsite maintenance and emergency 24/7 maintenance
> Pet friendly (have dog and cat)
> Looking for places near Capital Boulevard (Wake Forest, Raleigh) outwards
> Either washer/dryer hookups or included
> Professional staff (some tenants claim their staff at places they are are inconsiderate jerks)
> Place is well maintained and constantly being up-kept (clean pool, walkways, stairs, etc)
> dishwasher
> pest controlled

Bonuses?
> Porch/balcony
> fitness center
> Includes utilities if possible

I guess that be it. Again, looking for some ideas.
My complex has some of these and is right off Capital. http://www.northridgecrossingsapartments.com

Absolutely no way you can get what you want at $600. Our base 1BR (which I rent) goes for $805 + all utilities.

Rents have gone up in Raleigh this year. overbuilding might bring them down in the next 12 months.

Good luck finding a decent apt for $600.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:38 AM

219 posts, read 482,653 times
Not to be snarky, but I think what you really want is to live in a hotel. ...!

In reality, you could find a lot of what you listed almost anywhere in the Triangle, but the 24/7 office thing kinda pushes it over the edge. That's not happening. No apartment community is going to leave office facilities open to the residents at all hours.

The apt. community I just left in Cary had a lot of what you're seeking, but it also cost about DOUBLE your limit!

There's no point in sharing the name as you don't want to be in Cary. Also, adding a garage or on-site storage to your apt will add a minimum of $75-$100 a month to your cost, and adding a rented washer-dryer will add about $40-$50 month. Most places have hookups these days.

I think you need to whittle down that list and decide what's more important - location, cost, safety or on-site amenities. Because I think you'll be hard-pressed to find all that in the area you want to be in. You ain't gonna find it for $600. Sorry.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:52 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,240,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mselainey View Post
In reality, you could find a lot of what you listed almost anywhere in the Triangle, but the 24/7 office thing kinda pushes it over the edge. That's not happening. No apartment community is going to leave office facilities open to the residents at all hours.
Not entirely true. I lived in a complex off of Edwards Mill/Trinity Rd. that had a computer room available to residents 24/7. It wasn't technically "open" ... you had to have a passcard to access it. But you could go in there at 3 am if you needed to print something out.

That said, any complex with facilities like this won't have anything available for under $800.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:22 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,107,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Not entirely true. I lived in a complex off of Edwards Mill/Trinity Rd. that had a computer room available to residents 24/7. It wasn't technically "open" ... you had to have a passcard to access it. But you could go in there at 3 am if you needed to print something out.

That said, any complex with facilities like this won't have anything available for under $800.
Ours too. We have a 24/7 gym and computer room. Key card controlled access.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:28 PM

219 posts, read 482,653 times
The place I was in had keycard-controlled access to the gym and pool area only. The office was locked and then eventually walled off.

I guess in Cary they think you will walk off with something, or perhaps hold the door for a scofflaw?

Point being, can you really see an apt. complex in the Capital Blvd area offering the quiet, safety and amenities on this list in the OP's price range? I have to say I sure don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary