Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 11:12 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,815,964 times

Advertisements

I clicked the link that said "last page", truly hoping that was the case, but, alas, the thread continues. Used to be that only "politics" and "religion" were no-no topics. Now I have to add "cops in Corvettes" to the list!

Old 12-08-2013, 11:24 AM

637 posts, read 1,057,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams_aj View Post
I clicked the link that said "last page", truly hoping that was the case, but, alas, the thread continues. Used to be that only "politics" and "religion" were no-no topics. Now I have to add "cops in Corvettes" to the list!
?? If discussing law enforcement policy is considered politics, the thread should have been canned after the title post.

I personally wouldn't mind to see the thread die either, I just thought that posting a message about how a thread should die seemed a bit contradictory.

And even if it does die, you know that 3 years from now someone from El Paso or somewhere that has never even been to the triangle area will revive it, telling us what Boss Hawg would do in the situation.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:31 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcstef View Post
?? If discussing law enforcement policy is considered politics, the thread should have been canned after the title post.
You misunderstood their point. They weren't saying discussing law enforcement is considered politics. They were saying they were adding the topic of discussing law enforcement to their personal list of thread topics they wouln't click on in the future, like religion and politics. Those threads meander forever and disappear down a rabbit hole.

I have my own personal list. I don't bother reading posts on certain topics anymore because they go nowhere or the usual suspects post the same tired illogical rhetoric. Like post asking when the Triangle will get a Wegman's. Or which is better Raleigh or Charlotte?

Old 12-08-2013, 03:38 PM

637 posts, read 1,057,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
You misunderstood their point. They weren't saying discussing law enforcement is considered politics. They were saying they were adding the topic of discussing law enforcement to their personal list of thread topics they wouln't click on in the future, like religion and politics. Those threads meander forever and disappear down a rabbit hole.
Yep, I see that now, just read too quickly and since same poster had recently mentioned politics, I thought they were saying it had gone political.

What I will never understand is why (not just on CD but many forums), folks complaining about the content of any given thread would bother themselves so much as to continue to read it, often returning and posting multiple times about how they don't like it. It's like "get the tow truck out and grease up the winch Mabel! Someone's stuck in the irony ditch again".

Old 12-08-2013, 03:53 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
And on that note... Thread closed.

Funny thing? Nobody reported that it had gone so far off the local angle of the OP.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary