Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2007, 11:26 AM

121 posts, read 448,633 times

Advertisements

I am looking into moving to either Nashville or the Triangle area. I am trying to do my research on both cities before moving there. I am in school for my Masters degree now and will be done in 2009. I want to move in 2009 as well. Is there any opportunity for small business owners in the triangle area? Does anyone own a small business? Any opportunities for minorities? I am interested in opening a child care center business. What areas need this particular business the most?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 11:40 AM

2 posts, read 6,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettingaway View Post
I am looking into moving to either Nashville or the Triangle area. I am trying to do my research on both cities before moving there. I am in school for my Masters degree now and will be done in 2009. I want to move in 2009 as well. Is there any opportunity for small business owners in the triangle area? Does anyone own a small business? Any opportunities for minorities? I am interested in opening a child care center business. What areas need this particular business the most?
You have made a good choice in looking at the Triangle as a potential location for your relocation and business. The area is great for small businesses and was recently ranked among the top 10 places for minorities to begin a business. I think this was by Black Enterprise, but don't quote me on this.

As for a daycare center, we constantly have a need for quality daycare facilities. I'd recommend you check with the appropriate licensing agencies to get additional information on what you will need. I can say, however, we're a very family friendly area. Your target market is definitely here.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:49 AM

266 posts, read 590,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettingaway View Post
My wife and I had just discussed this with my Mom during Thanksgiving dinner actually. There are opportunities in the triangle area, especially since there are some niche businesses that don't exist. For example, I don't recall in my entire stay here in the triangle there being any truly good Eastern European restaurants. Personally, considering the upscale clientele in the triangle area, esp near CH and Ninth Street, a place like this should make a killing. As far as groceries are concerned, there's only the Caspian market on Brentwood but only carrying a very limited selection of Hungarian wine. As far as child care is concerned, this is a difficult proposition to comment on. There are several daycare businesses, and there are certainly many dual income families here. What do you mean opportunities for minorities? We do have many Mexican restaurants .

Old 11-24-2007, 12:05 PM

121 posts, read 448,633 times
Thank you for the advice. Frudy McRomson: In regards to opportunities for minorities: Some cities provide loans and assistance for minority small business owners to encourage them to open businesses.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:39 PM

8 posts, read 22,145 times
I think the Triangle area would be great. Moderator cut: SOLICITATION

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-24-2007 at 05:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary