Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 09:23 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times

Advertisements

For the perfect weather...NC in the wintertime and Colorado in the summertime!!!

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 04:14 PM

579 posts, read 522,037 times
As far as winters go here, daffodils start appearing in February and sometimes as early as late January.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:38 PM

286 posts, read 685,343 times
I grew up near Waco and moved all over Texas from El Paso to Houston. Slim2none and NewUser are exactly right as far as my experience goes. I've lived here over 5 years now and only 1 summer has been what I term as truly hot which meant the sun heated up the pool enough for me to want to get in. Other summers, I just lay out in the sun and enjoy.

Winters aren't bad here, either. I think moving here as a compromise for weather purposes would make sense.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:42 AM

39 posts, read 65,997 times
Man, you guys have done a fantastic job of explaining things exactly as I was hoping for! Thanks so much! I cant wait to get out there and visit so I can start making plans to make this move happen. Superb posts people! :-)

Old 12-05-2013, 08:54 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
The high temperature today is expected to be 75 degrees (yes, it is December)!

The high temp Friday is predicted to be 79 degrees,
Sat. is 57 degrees (falling...),
Sunday is 43 degrees,
Monday is 70 degrees and
Tuesday is 48 degrees.

So, if you don't like today's temperatures, wait 15 minutes...it will change!!!

Vicki

Old 12-05-2013, 11:21 AM

166 posts, read 419,001 times
Don't just look at Raleigh and Charlotte.

Consider Durham, Cary, Apex, and Morrisville too. They all have a lot to offer, with easy access to Raleigh if you need it.

I live in Cary, so I'm probably biased, but I like the Raleigh-Durham "triangle" area more than Charlotte. In my opinion, the only thing that Charlotte has to offer is a better selection of concerts and an IKEA store. We're closer to the beach, and not far from the I-95 corridor if you need to go north to DC/Philly/NYC/Boston or south to uh... Walt Disney World.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:28 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,333,920 times
I think the Triangle has a better selection of concerts, but everybody gets to decide that for themselves.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:37 PM

166 posts, read 419,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
I think the Triangle has a better selection of concerts, but everybody gets to decide that for themselves.
Yeah, I didn't phrase that correctly. I meant that if you want to see the biggest and most popular acts, they often only stop in Charlotte. A recent example... Fleetwood Mac. But for everything else, the Triangle wins, hands-down.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:04 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,333,920 times
Yeah, I dunno. Is Fleetwood Mac really popular now? Some of those classic acts don't play Charlotte or Raleigh. The Stones came to DC and The Who came to Greensboro but neither came to Charlotte or the Triangle. I'm not really a big pop music fan but I know Ke$ha played Red Hat this summer. I don't get out to shows as much as I used to (kids, babysitters) but I enjoy more indie/alternative bands. The last show I saw was Lucinda Williams at the Haw River Ballroom.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:12 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Yeah, I dunno. Is Fleetwood Mac really popular now? Some of those classic acts don't play Charlotte or Raleigh. The Stones came to DC and The Who came to Greensboro but neither came to Charlotte or the Triangle. I'm not really a big pop music fan but I know Ke$ha played Red Hat this summer. I don't get out to shows as much as I used to (kids, babysitters) but I enjoy more indie/alternative bands. The last show I saw was Lucinda Williams at the Haw River Ballroom.
Yeah. I rarely attend a "big" show anymore. Last time I was at Red Hat was to see Cake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary