Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 02:20 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times

Advertisements

All,

This forum is for questions and comments that are specific to the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary area of NC (aka "The Triangle").

If your question is a generic topic, please post it in the appropriate social forum on the City-Data page.

If you really feel that your topic is relevant to this SPECIFIC area of NC, please word your post to make it plain why you feel this way.

Example: I am interested in migratory birds. I want to know which types people have seen around the Triangle.

I can post:

Migratory birds? Which ones do you see outside?

Or I can post:

Migratory birds in the Triangle? I'd like to know which types you can see and where you might see them, as I'm an avid birdwatcher.

The first post may well get moved unless some other kind soul here steps in and steers it in a Triangle-specific direction.

The second would not get deleted, because you made your local intent very clear.

We have had about a dozen of these nonspecific threads crop up lately, and I cannot get to them as quickly as I'd like because C-D's mobile version doesn't support the moving of threads and I'm not always at my laptop.

I really don't want to have to download Tapatalk just so I can move errant threads, folks.

Thanks!

Old 12-03-2013, 02:21 PM

p.s. I am leaving this thread open for a bit. If you have questions you need to get clarified, please post them here.

Do not post critiques of my moderation or I will be highly displeased. DM me if you need to discuss something like that with me, you all know the rules (or you should).

Old 12-03-2013, 02:36 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
It's been a well-kept secret, but Tapatalk is where CD hides the good pizza.

Mike

Old 12-03-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
It's been a well-kept secret, but Tapatalk is where CD hides the good pizza.

Mike
Now you tell me.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:54 AM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
Well, I don't know how it does with pizza but Tapatalk is a really good forum app. I've had it for a while now and it definitely makes phone/tablet browsing of this forum a lot better! I think it costs a few dollars though.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:26 AM

Seems to be free. So far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-04-2013, 08:43 AM

637 posts, read 1,057,505 times
Tapatalk (in its current state) is one of those things that benefits the user at the expense of the forum operator, as it changes the advertising model, and forum administrators that support it usually see their revenue drop off (they also pay license fees). Maybe that will change in the future but I think Tapatalk wants to be like Google is to Adsense.

I was almost reluctant to post that because I couldn't find a way to make the subject of Tapatalk triangle specific

Old 12-04-2013, 11:17 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Additionally, I've never been able to rep anyone when I've used Tapatalk, so I rarely use it here.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:30 PM

101 posts, read 246,503 times
I am interested in restaurants in the Triangle that serve migratory birds that are passing through the Triangle. Am I doing this right?

Old 12-04-2013, 01:35 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcstef View Post
Tapatalk (in its current state) is one of those things that benefits the user at the expense of the forum operator, as it changes the advertising model, and forum administrators that support it usually see their revenue drop off (they also pay license fees). Maybe that will change in the future but I think Tapatalk wants to be like Google is to Adsense.

I was almost reluctant to post that because I couldn't find a way to make the subject of Tapatalk triangle specific
Interesting thought.
Do you have a link to the source?

I think that CD is smart to offer Tapatalk, for folks who are mobile, as member contributions to content are a huge reason for CD's great SERP results with GOOG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Additionally, I've never been able to rep anyone when I've used Tapatalk, so I rarely use it here.
You have to jump through hoops, hit the "Three Dot 'Other'" button, and Open in Browser. Then you can do reputation.
It is odd, because Rep is a vBulletin function, yet Tapatalk doesn't seem to support it.

Good Blueberry Cornbread in the Cary Fresh Market, today, right here in the Triangle...
;D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary