Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 10:40 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,448,803 times

Advertisements

Actually, it happens as 85 is coming to an end at 95.

This is coming from someone who wasn't paying attention to the signs and got a speeding ticket there two years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 12:23 PM

1,521 posts, read 2,765,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post
Actually, it happens as 85 is coming to an end at 95.

This is coming from someone who wasn't paying attention to the signs and got a speeding ticket there two years ago.
Yes exactly, did someone say different?

The 60mph zone in particular is where they sit and feast, but that whole stretch of 85 up to 95 is dangerous.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:43 PM

260 posts, read 545,805 times
The changes along 85 between NC Rt 1 (to Raleigh) and into Richmond are just ridiculous. They are poorly marked - and you can go for miles with having no idea what the speed limit is. And yes - I see local and state police there any time I've traveled that way, which is at least once a month. Speed traps waiting to happen.

And to the OP - definitely challenge it because it is so delayed, and never just pay the fine without consulting a lawyer (especially in VA or SC).

Old 12-09-2013, 10:56 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,422,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Just FYI, when people say it's no big deal my insurance company never found out so just pay, don't listen. Get a lawyer.

Definitely do the administrative hearing at DMV, plead your case about how you messed up and realize how bad it is. Mention you knew it was wrong so you didn't try to get it reduced and you just wanted to make it right so you took your medicine.
Very true. The lawyer can represent you so you don't have to attend court in another state.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:16 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
My daughter worked at DMV HQ and was relief admin for the assistant director.

A lady called and asked her if she should get a lawyer for a VA 15+ ticket. She told the lady she needed an attorney to not get suspended.

The woman was shocked that she was given this good info. My daughter told her that she doesn't believe in lying and wanted the NC resident to do the best thing for her problem.

Some 15+ tickets in VA were misdemeanors, not merely traffic offenses.

VA needs traffic fines to run the state and will slam you even when you are keeping up with traffic on a beautiful day.

The only speed ticket I ever got was driving too slow in Los Angeles so I have no dog in the race.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:26 PM

45 posts, read 120,978 times
Oh my goodness - I didn't realize there were replies after the first post. Thank you all for your advice and stories. I called the DMV on 12/5 and they had suspended my license already even though the notice stated they wouldn't until after 12/31. I talked to someone that said they see that I had requested a pretrial and that they would send something in the mail after picking a date and would reactivate my license. It's now 12/28 and I still do not have any notice of a trial date so I am going to have to call again and see where it stands. This has been so nerve wracking!!

Old 12-28-2013, 05:38 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Have you ever been convicted of a crime including misdemeanors and traffic tickets. Yes

Employment application skipped.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:14 PM

1 posts, read 676 times
Dude VA and NC dmv share driving history, so yeah it shows up in nc if you get a ticket in va.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary