Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 12:15 PM

315 posts, read 1,255,993 times

Advertisements

Has anybody here ever been there? My wife and I were talking about going, but I read on their website that you have to be a member. Does anybody know how that works? Can you get in if your not a member? Can you check it out first, or do you need to join before you can get in?

Thanks for the help.
Dave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 12:24 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave in jersey View Post
Has anybody here ever been there? My wife and I were talking about going, but I read on their website that you have to be a member. Does anybody know how that works? Can you get in if your not a member? Can you check it out first, or do you need to join before you can get in?

Thanks for the help.
Dave
All bars in NC that do not serve a certain percentage of food are 'member only'. Yes, this is very odd. This is also why you see so many 'restaurant/bar' combos rather then neighborhood bars you find in other areas.

Most places charge a small fee (a few bucks...some are more) for a years membership. They also allow for members to sign in 'guests' for the evening. How this works can vary from bar to bar...but basically it gives the state a list of people that were there....no biggie but it freaks some folks out.

When we last went to Longbranch, we went with someone that had a card, so they just signed us in....you may want to call them to see what their policies for being signed in by staff they have in place.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:31 PM

Desdemona123 thanks for the help. I was going to call, but their site says their office is only open M-F. I guess it couldn't hurt to call anyway.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:35 PM

I called and got a recording.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:36 PM

338 posts, read 1,619,356 times
It should be fairly easy to find a member willing to sign you in as their guest for the evening if you don't want to pay the membership fee. IMO, the member/guest thing at bars isn't all that formal. I haven't been to Longbranch in years though so can't comment on their specific policies.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:47 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave in jersey View Post
Desdemona123 thanks for the help. I was going to call, but their site says their office is only open M-F. I guess it couldn't hurt to call anyway.
If this is where you want to go this evening...go. Beleive me, they aren't going to turn you away!

Old 11-24-2007, 01:21 PM

I guess not. lol

Old 11-25-2007, 08:41 PM

1 posts, read 3,956 times
Quote:
All bars in NC that do not serve a certain percentage of food are 'member only'
Yup, NC requires a minimum of 30% of sales to be from food at bars.
Membership at Longbranch is $10, a good site for finding out about memberships and cover is Raleigh Barhopper (broken link)

Last edited by ampron; 11-25-2007 at 09:37 PM..

Old 11-26-2007, 06:45 AM

836 posts, read 3,468,894 times
Generally, at members only places such as Longbranch, you just get in line and ask someone in line if they will get you in on their membership. I have yet to be turned down.

I have not been to Longbranch in years, but it has a country side and a rock side. The country side can be an older crowd, lots of country music fans. The dancing is almost exclusively the two step and they do some line dancing. Check the website, as they may still have lessons on Sundays or other times. I recall, years ago, going on Sunday nights. It was a great, slow night with a smaller crowd to just dance without all the crowd.

I found the rock side to be a little younger and crazier. But fun. Both sides are HUGE.

Generally a fun place. Pretty funny later in the evening, as the people from the rock side come over and try to line dance and when the guys in the cowboy hats head over the the rock side.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:52 PM

We ended up going on Saturday night. We got there early (8:30pm) in case we couldn't get in. That way we would have enough time to do something else. But we had no problem getting in. They asked us if we were members, and we told them no. They said it would be $10 each. We gave them the $20 and walked right in. We were never asked to join, and they didn't take our names. We had a good time and stayed until 12:30. We ended up talking to two guys that worked for Perry Builders. The band was pretty good too. I'm not sure how soon we'll be going back, but I'm sure we will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary