Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 10:31 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,808,379 times

Advertisements

Something to keep in mind - when visiting these houses, be mindful of the neighbors. Some (like the one on Huntingwood) have signs directing through the neighborhood so you don't turn around in their neighbors' driveways. They turn their lights on later so that the neighbors have time to get home from work. As much as I enjoy looking at lights, I can't help but wonder how it impacts the neighbors.

(And now, I'm officially the buzzkill of the thread. lol)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 11:58 AM

71 posts, read 180,560 times
If you live in South Wake, we love the house at the end of Oaklyn Springs Dr. Its a synchronized display, but its very simple and not overly done like some are. Its one of our favorites. If you are headed to Happyland its less than 5 mins from there.

We also like Carpenter Lights in Cary, its a culdesac on Morris Branch and several house do a synchronized display together. Also Balmoral Dr there is a house with synched lights.

Near Fuquay at Lake Wheeler and Hilltop Needmore there has been a synched display(everyear)-however I have not had a chance to go this year-but man there lights are bright!

Old 12-08-2013, 02:11 PM

2,464 posts, read 4,163,456 times
There's one over near Bedford that my kids always enjoy, has lights synchronized to music. Sorry, I don't have the address, but it's in the general vicinity of Whittington Dr, just off Falls. Can't miss it really. Might be the first house on the left coming from Falls?

Old 12-08-2013, 06:10 PM

260 posts, read 545,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
There's one over near Bedford that my kids always enjoy, has lights synchronized to music. Sorry, I don't have the address, but it's in the general vicinity of Whittington Dr, just off Falls. Can't miss it really. Might be the first house on the left coming from Falls?
Yep - it is the first one on the left after turning from Falls onto Whittington.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:46 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,187,022 times
There is a house in Cary at the corner of Kilarney and Crimmons off Cary Pkwy near Kildaire Farm Rd that has lights synched to music. Or at least there was last year. (Living off Crimmons was a nightmare due to traffic on both sides of both streets and people walking around to see the lights.)

Old 12-09-2013, 04:36 PM

580 posts, read 711,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncsmomndad View Post
There is a house in Cary at the corner of Kilarney and Crimmons off Cary Pkwy near Kildaire Farm Rd that has lights synched to music. Or at least there was last year. (Living off Crimmons was a nightmare due to traffic on both sides of both streets and people walking around to see the lights.)
I think they took the year off and will be back next year.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:49 PM

1,281 posts, read 3,702,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs189 View Post
Near Fuquay at Lake Wheeler and Hilltop Needmore there has been a synched display(everyear)-however I have not had a chance to go this year-but man there lights are bright!
would love to know the address of this one - as I live near here. are they up this year?

Old 12-10-2013, 07:09 AM

450 posts, read 1,350,056 times
I don't know if it is up this year, but it is on Lake Wheeler, just north of Hilltop Needmore, on the opposite side of Lake Wheeler from Pleasant Grove Baptist. People park in a gravel lot behind the church to watch the lights.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:31 AM

528 posts, read 934,591 times
There's a very nice lights display on Ten Ten Rd and Landsburg Dr (just near the intersection of Ten Ten and Fanny Brown). This is about a mile past the Harris Teeter on Hwy 41 heading on Ten Ten away from Cary.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:32 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
I found this Map a local blogger put together. Thought it might be helpful: 2013 Christmas Lights in Raleigh, Wendell, Wake Forest and Cary NC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary