Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 01:57 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,719,746 times

Advertisements

Just curious if you could recommend eateries that might give me more options . .

Paleo is lean meats, veggies, some fruits in a "nutshell" but would love to find more "baked goods" . . .

I am very new to this but in a week I have dropped 4 pounds . .

worth it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 07:20 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALUKI_LOVER View Post
Paleo is lean meats, veggies, some fruits in a "nutshell" but would love to find more "baked goods" . . .

I am very new to this but in a week I have dropped 4 pounds . .
Congratulations on the weight loss. However, I thought the point of Paleo was to eliminate grains and refined foods. Any restaurant with a salad bar would work.

The Beginner's Guide to the Paleo Diet | Nerd Fitness

Old 12-15-2013, 07:59 AM

you can have lean meets and veggies which a lot of restaurants serve!

Old 12-15-2013, 08:52 AM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
Quote:
you can have lean meets and veggies which a lot of restaurants serve!
Yes, but you asked about baked goods.. that's going to be hard to find without grains. If you want desserts, you might try http://trianglerawfoods.com/.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:55 AM

you can substitute flour out with almond flour!

Old 12-15-2013, 02:24 PM

455 posts, read 918,519 times
Just something to keep in mind

Retrofit - Diet Debunker Infographic | retrofitme.com

Paleo is the last one on the list.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:33 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,420,662 times
I followed Paleo for a while and enjoyed it. It's good for people who need to lose a lot of weight, because it promotes very healthy and organic eating. It's also pretty hard to eat a surplus of calories with that kind of food. Get rid of the processed junk and stick to fruit, veggies, lean meats, nuts/seeds. Most people think eating lean cuisine and fiber bars are healthy and this teaches them it's still a junk food.

As far as restaurants go anything will work. Just eat protein, veggies, and fruit. There's nothing special about it really.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:41 PM

38 posts, read 78,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGMayor View Post
Just something to keep in mind

Retrofit - Diet Debunker Infographic | retrofitme.com

Paleo is the last one on the list.
Horrible summary of Paleo. Paleo is about eating what your body is designed to eat, and training it to burn natural fats instead of problematic sugars. Retrofitme plans run $148 to $298 - per month. Pretty sure that's what their motive is.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:29 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,268,242 times
Quote:
I don't think you're going to have much luck finding any eateries that use only paleo flours for their desserts. Even places that happen to have gluten free desserts are likely going to use a flour mix that includes white or brown rice flour or soy flour.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:36 PM

809 posts, read 2,187,211 times
Quote:
Well, kind of. Yes, almond flour is better than wheat but it's relatively high in Omega 6. As an occasional treat...mmm...yeah but if losing weight is your goal, seeking out baked goods is kind of counter productive.

I have been eating paleo'ish for awhile now and so a cheat here and there is no big deal.

As far as local bakeries, don't know of any, however there are several local restaurants where I can stick to my eating preferences (minus baked goods cuz I don't eat that stuff). There is a thread around here somewhere that has some recommendations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary