Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 09:18 AM

804 posts, read 2,004,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
If there was a red light camera there, that is another reason why you wouldn't want to get stuck in the middle of the intersection. So, if the OP stopped and the person in the SUV, behind her, didn't, but was beeping at her to move, the OP did the right thing by not going through the red light. Duh.
I see. It didn't come across to me that you were in favor of her staying out of the intersection so I was confused about why you mentioned it. I see now that you actually mentioned you understood sometimes when people didn't go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 01:42 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caarmour View Post
Almost as soon as I posted this, I was on my way home last night, which is close to Crabtree, and I was trying to make that left onto Lead Mine/Blue Ridge and I watched two or three people rush to make the light, and then block up the intersection on Glenwood. I don't understand why people don't use common sense when rushing to get into an intersection on a super busy thoroughfare. That is so dangerous!
Agreed!

The intersection of Lead Mine and Glenwood (near Crabtree) was changed a few years ago. I've seen 2 accidents where people rushed through the intersection as soon as the light changed and there were others running the right light to get through the intersection.

Similar accidents happen at the intersection of Creedmoor Road and Lead Mine).

People seem to be more rushed and don't stop to think about the "what if's". And that is why they are called accidents!

Be careful, everyone!

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary