Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 10:46 AM

1,701 posts, read 2,589,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighnative2 View Post
Whoa! I never met anyone that ate out on Christmas day. I've heard some people do and I guess its true.

Elena Kagan "You know, like a good Jew, I was probably at a Chinese restaurant.".mp4 - YouTube

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 04:06 PM

2,905 posts, read 5,922,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighnative2 View Post
Whoa! I never met anyone that ate out on Christmas day. I've heard some people do and I guess its true. Everyone always either cooked or went to family for Christmas dinner. We rotate each year so we get a lot of people in one house every year. But I just realized a lot of people are starting to move here with no family in the area. I could never move from family much less be away for a holiday but that's just me. I'm guessing more and more restaurants are staying open each year. I wish you guys the best!
Hmm, lots of latin cultures celebrate Christmas EVE and not DAY, so what about them? Or Jewish people who don't celebrate either one? Or Muslim, etc. So many people who don't celebrate Christmas and some restaurants who want to serve them out there

I happen to be an ex-Jew married to a Cuban woman and we are all going out for Chinese on Christmas day.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:07 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
Well, I'm single and don't know many people in this area, and I have to be on-call for work anyway, so I'll be going to Posta for lunch. Later on I might head over to Lynnwood Grill for some drinks and socializing, since they'll be opening at 6PM Wednesday evening.

Couple years ago, I sat at the bar at Tir Na Nog. It was fun, and they had a buffet too....

Old 12-22-2013, 08:04 PM

120 posts, read 251,332 times
We were at Fujisan in Brier Creek the other night and they had a sign on the door saying they'd be open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Really good hibachi-style food, owned by a local family. Good times!

Old 12-25-2013, 07:22 AM

38 posts, read 45,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
Well, I'm single and don't know many people in this area, and I have to be on-call for work anyway, so I'll be going to Posta for lunch. Later on I might head over to Lynnwood Grill for some drinks and socializing, since they'll be opening at 6PM Wednesday evening.
I'm a transplant in town trying to sort out the living situation and stuff. I just might find myself there since I have no idea what's open today/tonight.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:38 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,423,346 times
Granddaughter visiting....we tried to get reservations at Irregardless but nothing until 8:15 pm. I called several other places but most were full. My fault as I didn't call until yesterday. We were able to get a reservation at McCormick and Schmick. Definitely not my first choice but it will be fine.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:27 AM

173 posts, read 312,983 times
The new Dave & Busters at Cary Town Center will be open starting at 5pm as well - my wife and I plan on going as its just the two of us this year.

Old 12-25-2013, 02:34 PM

436 posts, read 670,879 times
Not everyone is Christian. For those who aren't it is a rather boring day filled with tv geared to the holiday. While we wish you and yours a merry, merry it's good to remember that the day lacks the same focus for a great many.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:49 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,103,546 times
We went to Hibachi in Cary on Christmas day. Swapped our usual Chinese for Japanese! I wish I had known Dave & Busters was open though - that would've been fun...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary