Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2018, 05:29 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times

Advertisements

Good point. It just pisses me off so much. I went for a 2 mile walk on the greenway in Boone once and counted 15 bags of poo. Some thrown in bushes and trees. I would much rather have seen 15 piles of poo left to naturally decay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 07:00 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
So it turns out the culprits dropping the poop bags are two women who are walking a dog while owner is out of town. My wife recognized the dog this after and watched the girls return to my neighbor's townhouse. If I get a chance I'll discuss it with them since our HOA requires residents to pick up poop and dispose of it themselves. If not I'll run it past my neighbor when she gets back home.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:38 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,475,743 times
Some humans don't even dispose of their own feces properly (by flushing the toilet) OR clean up after themselves when using the restroom. I wouldn't put it past some people to leave bags of dog feces around.

Just gross.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:33 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,272,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
So it turns out the culprits dropping the poop bags are two women who are walking a dog while owner is out of town. My wife recognized the dog this after and watched the girls return to my neighbor's townhouse. If I get a chance I'll discuss it with them since our HOA requires residents to pick up poop and dispose of it themselves. If not I'll run it past my neighbor when she gets back home.
I can't imagine what their thought process is.

Are there just piles of bags sitting there or are other people picking them up?

I'm a bit more confrontational. I'd go right out and talk to them about it as I witnessed them doing it.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie72 View Post

I'm a bit more confrontational. I'd go right out and talk to them about it as I witnessed them doing it.
They drop a bag where the dog stops to poop. My wife has picked up several bags. I guess the other bags are getting picked by someone, but the girls are definitely not coming back to get them. It'll be resolved soon.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:05 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:

"Geo-Caching?"

You might be interfering...

Old 01-24-2018, 06:11 AM

6,374 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Quote:
Has anyone calculated mileage on the Company Mill trail in Umstead?

Their site and map says 5.8 miles. My FitBit says 6.37 for my hike yesterday.

An extra half mile is no biggie but I was curious if my FitBit is off. I wouldn't be surprised.
I believe the loop itself is 5.8 miles and that is what they designate on the map. To hike the whole thing you have to add a little extra for the hike down to the bridge and then back up.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:20 AM

Quote:
They drop a bag where the dog stops to poop. My wife has picked up several bags. I guess the other bags are getting picked by someone, but the girls are definitely not coming back to get them. It'll be resolved soon.
Now I'm really interested to know if they thought there was some kind of convenient poop pickup service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
"Geo-Caching?"

You might be interfering...

Ugh that's not the kind of geocaching I'd like to be doing!

I tried that once, in my town, and I went to a horribly maintained park full of poison ivy. My geocaching adventure lasted all of about 10 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
I believe the loop itself is 5.8 miles and that is what they designate on the map. To hike the whole thing you have to add a little extra for the hike down to the bridge and then back up.
Ahhh ok that makes a lot of sense. I'm beginning to hate that portion on the way back, pretty much uphill the whole way, roots and rocks, with only the parking lot as your destination.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Now I'm really interested to know if they thought there was some kind of convenient poop pickup service.
I think that's the case I guess since they're dropping the bags down on the grass on a large common area surrounding a pond with no homes a groundskeeper will pick them up.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:57 AM

Quote:
I think that's the case I guess since they're dropping the bags down on the grass on a large common area surrounding a pond with no homes a groundskeeper will pick them up.
I used to go to a park with miles of trails but that didn't have garbage cans. On the way home, I'd put the poop bags on the floor of the back seat of the car and open the windows to air it out.

Every once in a while, I'd forget the bags were there and lock up the car. My husband would get into the car a day later and be assaulted by the smell.

Ahh the joys of being a dog owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary