Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2018, 02:55 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,167,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
It's alright sometimes when there's a truck you really really want to try but is never available otherwise. That being said, I don't have the desire to go to another food truck rodeo any time soon. As others have mentioned, it's just crowded and the lines are always annoying.
I have liked food from a food truck before, but standing in long lines and competing to get food I have to stand around and eat is unappealing to me absent other entertainment in the nearby vicinity.

Old 04-18-2018, 03:32 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,571,271 times
I do want to check out that County Fare (sic) place in Durham, though. i think they only have 3 or 4 food trucks and maybe not as many lines...but it just opened and I'm going to wait a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 06:30 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,274,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I have liked food from a food truck before, but standing in long lines and competing to get food I have to stand around and eat is unappealing to me absent other entertainment in the nearby vicinity.
Well, it's like take-out. Sometimes we take it to eat back at our house (esp if the weather is not nice), but sometimes it's nice to have a picnic with it, too.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:26 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,863,391 times
Was there a specif thread about Real Estate happenings in the area? I realize that this is in various threads, but wasn't sure where to post the below. Maybe not quite sticky-able but if all in one thread might be handy.

I just heard that the North Hills JP Penny will be leaving. Was wondering if those on this forum who seem to know what is happening with movements like this, knew about it.

Also, FWIW, that area also replaced their natural lawn with astroturf. Not sure why...

Old 04-18-2018, 07:49 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,708,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
I just heard that the North Hills JP Penny will be leaving. Was wondering if those on this forum who seem to know what is happening with movements like this, knew about it.
There was a blurb about it in the news sometime late last year. Kane is not pursuing JCP renewing their lease as he wants to redevelop that area for more shopping in North Hills.

Old 04-19-2018, 05:58 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,269,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I have never felt the allure of a food truck rodeo.
This was one of our first experiences in Raleigh so I guess it's nostalgic for me. We actually didn't wait on line though and it was towards the end. Thanks for mentioning because I checked the schedule and my parents will be visiting on the first rodeo. Might take them just so they can see what it's like.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:49 AM

2,843 posts, read 2,963,649 times
food trucks are a huge gimmick and somehow manage to make you pay more for less food than someone paying rent on a building.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:15 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,167,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Well, it's like take-out. Sometimes we take it to eat back at our house (esp if the weather is not nice), but sometimes it's nice to have a picnic with it, too.
Makes sense. If food trucks were walking distance from my house and the lines were not long, I'd go for that.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:27 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,896,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
Was there a specif thread about Real Estate happenings in the area? I realize that this is in various threads, but wasn't sure where to post the below. Maybe not quite sticky-able but if all in one thread might be handy.

I just heard that the North Hills JP Penny will be leaving. Was wondering if those on this forum who seem to know what is happening
Probably leaving because we left North Hills. Target is next

Old 04-19-2018, 10:38 AM

6,356 posts, read 5,450,813 times
Don't be hating on food trucks. The millennial in me is getting offended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary