Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2019, 12:23 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
I know none of you can actually know this for sure, but it’s probably ragweed that has me feeling like it’s the worst allergy season of all time, right?

I’ve been here 12 years and I don’t really remember feeling quite this awful with what seems like allergies and not a cold at all (sinus pain, everything in my eyes, headache that won’t go away)

Advil allergy isn’t quite cutting it
Goldenrods are bad too right now. I swear by the trusty netti pot this time of year. I sometimes use a saline nasal spray, Zyrtec or Nasacort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2019, 12:31 PM

6,374 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Glad to know it's not just me.

I've never had Fall allergies as bad as they've been for me this year.

My Xyzal, which had been the miracle drug of the spring for me, couldn't combat the fall allergies this year.

Had to get affirin spray and even that isn't 100%.

Old 10-14-2019, 12:38 PM

9,776 posts, read 15,776,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
I know none of you can actually know this for sure, but it’s probably ragweed that has me feeling like it’s the worst allergy season of all time, right?

I’ve been here 12 years and I don’t really remember feeling quite this awful with what seems like allergies and not a cold at all (sinus pain, everything in my eyes, headache that won’t go away)

Advil allergy isn’t quite cutting it
My husband has been feeling the exact same way! He's had a headache on and off for the last 2 weeks. He is not one to ever leave work early but he came home twice last week. Lots of mucus, too (tmi). We *think* it's an allergy. I'm hoping the rain yesterday cleared things up for him (and for you!).

Old 10-14-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
My husband has been feeling the exact same way! He's had a headache on and off for the last 2 weeks. He is not one to ever leave work early but he came home twice last week. Lots of mucus, too (tmi). We *think* it's an allergy. I'm hoping the rain yesterday cleared things up for him (and for you!).
Yeah I was assuming the abnormally dry weather of the past few weeks was the biggest contributor to the extreme allergies I was dealing with; today does feel much better! Haven't had to spray yet!

Old 10-14-2019, 01:15 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times
Oh wow, thanks all, sorry you are feeling my pain!

I spent a good part of the day yesterday on a farm and in a barn, I’m guessing that’s part of it, today is brutal for me too but fingers crossed for tomorrow.

I often feel a less intense version of these same symptoms just before the green pollen every year.

Old 10-14-2019, 08:03 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
Goldenrods are bad too right now. I swear by the trusty netti pot this time of year. I sometimes use a saline nasal spray, Zyrtec or Nasacort.
I use a Neti as well, I hope you sterilize the water before you use yours, some scary, although infrequent, things have come from using these things

Old 10-15-2019, 03:50 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
I use a Neti as well, I hope you sterilize the water before you use yours, some scary, although infrequent, things have come from using these things
I use warm distilled water, and often flush the Neti pot with boiling water. I've heard some scary stuff about them too

Old 10-18-2019, 07:43 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,898,388 times
I'm not gonna turn on the heat. I'm not. Trying to hold out til late November.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
I'm not gonna turn on the heat. I'm not. Trying to hold out til late November.
Have the thermostat set to "OFF" and been leaving windows open most of the day and bedroom window open at night. Perfection.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:39 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,898,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Have the thermostat set to "OFF" and been leaving windows open most of the day and bedroom window open at night. Perfection.
yeah, I'm just gonna set mine to off, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary