Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2014, 02:15 PM

136 posts, read 435,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T|K View Post
I know many people on here are joking, but doing things to retaliate are only going to make your life worse. You live next door to them and the worse the relationship is the more you will hate coming home, etc. Most HOA's do not allow you to park on the street, I would contact the HOA if they are violating any rules. Or start parking your car in front of your own house if there are no rules against it.
Good point regarding the street parking. My HOA requires residents to park in the garage or driveway. Its to the block captains to enforce, which is probably not uniform.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 02:21 PM

8,583 posts, read 15,985,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
If someone parked in front of my house every day that would set me off, not a ladder on a fence. I would just buy a cheap car and park it there, would be worth the $$.
I would get an ugly car or rv and park it in front of their house..
These people are a piece of work !!!

Old 01-09-2014, 02:43 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,392,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
I would get an ugly car or rv and park it in front of their house..
These people are a piece of work !!!
All I see are pictures of Clark's cousin Eddie emptying the RV into the sewer outside his house...

Old 01-09-2014, 02:47 PM

11,209 posts, read 8,270,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T|K View Post
Oh I know they realize most are joking around. Things like blowing leaves though, its hard to tell if it is actual a joke or not. Regardless, best of luck to the OP .
No, in reality I doubt I'd have the stones to do that. I don't mind respectfully confronting issues like an adult, but I don't have it in me to stand out there and do something like that (no matter how much I'd enjoy fantasizing about it).

I really don't understand people like the OP's neighbors. They really seem to have no problem putting their shat off on other people. (Parking in front of the neighbor while your curb is empty. I couldn't do that either!!!!)

All in fun, although I'm sure it's not so fun for the OP.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:59 PM

40 posts, read 82,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd07 View Post
Oh, and they park their car in front of my house. They have the WHOLE front of their house on the other side of their driveway, but it has to be "pristine" over here, I guess. I use my driveway and never park on the street unless I'm blocking my driveway for the kids to ride their bikes or play. I know the street is "public" property but I don't get why their perfect little abode means everyone around them endures their "unsightly" chattel.
When they park in front of your house, you could park in front of theirs. Tit for tat.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:30 AM

5,048 posts, read 9,591,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
And I don't understand all this talk of the ladder being used in a burglary. Besides being less obvious wouldn't it just be easier to simply break a window on the ground level and go in? I mean, come on.
Finding this topic very interesting.

Re a burlary. Actually, if there's a handy ladder provided. Add a second floor bedroom window open for air given the general, and false, expectation of safety and given some people like a window cracked for sleeping. Or an open or closed but not latched second floor window even while no one is in the bedroom. Thieves approaching homeowners from the second floor when the homeowners are on the first floor is disorienting to the homeowners and therefore good for the thieves.

Criminals are aware of people's weak spots. I have known couples watching tv and who comes down the stairs from their second floors...robbers.

Second floors can be where the jewelry boxes are and ladder entry, especially from the rear, can make a quick getaway possible if anyone comes home. No need to pass the homeowner on the first floor.

Add in the ease of going out the back yard to woods or the next street back where the vehicle is parked...or common area, playground, etc. So there is no vehicle in front of the house to look suspicious.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Thanks everyone that responded with something helpful to say. I contacted the HOA manager this morning and they agreed with me. They are sending a letter to request the removal of the ladder so hopefully this is the end of it.
Good. A picture is worth a thousand words.

It just occurred to me....maybe the neighbor needs to see the picture to get their mind around it.

Another thought...you may let them know things are better secured inside a fence Apparently the tall ladder is much needed by them.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Oh, and they park their car in front of my house. They have the WHOLE front of their house on the other side of their driveway, but it has to be "pristine" over here, I guess. I use my driveway and never park on the street unless I'm blocking my driveway for the kids to ride their bikes or play. I know the street is "public" property but I don't get why their perfect little abode means everyone around them endures their "unsightly" chattel.
Then they'd really hate for you to park in front of theirs.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Have some mercy, please?!?! I hurts when I laugh!!!

In retrospect, I wish I had come here first before trying to write a polite note to them. I'm sure you all would have had it fixed without any of the princess' tantrum. ;-)
You might be able to rake or mow after they park, too. Leaves around their tires. Don't use the grass catcher for mowing

Actually, they seem so odd I'd be worried myself about their perfect car. They probably like their car spotless too. You could also tell them you really don't want to scratch their car...seriously...with raking or mowing or kids playing.

The thing is with using areas generally for others....whether personal property or not....one shouldn't expect as much care or security or perfection as in one's own unofficially designated area.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:01 AM

1,764 posts, read 2,859,947 times
You all are too funny! My memory is going quickly. I could easily lose a key. ;-) I'll refrain from stooping to their level. I won't retaliate against them although I've been getting a laugh out of all the suggestions.

P.S. Do ice cream trucks play Christmas music? I don't know that I've heard that around here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary