Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 11:31 AM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,356,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
If you want a home on a large lake, NC really doesn't have any..
There is Lake Norman outside of Charlotte, in addition to the lakes in the mountains that you mentioned.

EDIT: zobird is quicker than I am
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 11:41 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
There is Lake Norman outside of Charlotte, in addition to the lakes in the mountains that you mentioned.

EDIT: zobird is quicker than I am

Oh... I know Lake Norman is there, but it's kinda pricey if someone wants 2-5 acres plus a house, no?

I don't really think if it as a very large lake, I don't suppose. Not the sort that might have so much acreage available for purchase... perhaps the OP is independently wealthy so the price is no object. I prolly should have mentioned it, but Lake Lure was the first thing that sprung to mind.

We had a guy awhile back that wanted a huge lake fed by mountain streams... only, he wanted it here in the Triangle. Umm... no.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:14 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,336,102 times
Yeah, and there was someone who wanted a townhome in Cary with a view of the mountains. Do these people even look at maps before they post?

Old 01-21-2014, 12:17 PM

19 posts, read 19,393 times
If you want several acres waterfront, I have no idea where you would find that for less than a million dollars. But there are areas around Lake Norman that are fairly rural and may be within his price-range. I lived there for 10 years, and my parents just moved last year (Catawba County).

Old 01-21-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobird View Post
If you want several acres waterfront, I have no idea where you would find that for less than a million dollars. But there are areas around Lake Norman that are fairly rural and may be within his price-range. I lived there for 10 years, and my parents just moved last year (Catawba County).

I maybe am misinterpreting, but I thought the OP wanted to live lakeside... hence my "I don't think we have that here" comment.

Again, he might have millions to spend. I dunno.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Yeah, and there was someone who wanted a townhome in Cary with a view of the mountains. Do these people even look at maps before they post?
I suspect not.

Though, if Cary develops mountain views, I will move to be near one.

For now, we have to settle with our distant view of the tops of the trees over Umstead. It's quite lovely.

Old 01-21-2014, 01:56 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times
I'm still stuck on his girlfriend lives here, but he's asking on a forum for advice.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I'm still stuck on his girlfriend lives here, but he's asking on a forum for advice.

Nah... a friend of his GF lives down here. Soo... I dunno why they aren't asking her for advice... or, maybe they are. I cannot tell from this thread.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:30 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,824,929 times
There are a lot of lakes--and transplants--in the Sandhills area (Southern Pines, etc). My parents used to live at "Seven Lakes", a development specifically built around lakes. The two biggest are Sequoia and Lake Auman, both man-made but 30+ years old, so you would not know they weren't "natural". It's an easy drive to the Triangle, not a bad one to Charlotte (giving you access to both airports, whichever one has a better flight/price--that's what my dad does) and just a few hours from mountains. Lots of retirees in the area but not wholly a senior-citizen population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary