U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2014, 05:53 AM

835 posts, read 3,850,125 times

Advertisements

This Sunday from 12-4 is the first food truck rodeo of the year at Durham Central Park. All the usual good food and music plus they are going to have a sledding hill for the kids big and small this time. here's the link for info:Food Truck Rodeo | Durham Central Park
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 12:47 PM

826 posts, read 1,841,916 times
I wonder if the lines will be any shorter since it's rather chilly out (although not bad if sunny). I wouldn't want to stand in am hour long line in weather like today!

Old 01-25-2014, 05:13 AM

835 posts, read 3,850,125 times
Durham lines are shorter and crowds are smaller so you can wander around and check out what you want. You don't feel like you have to just jump on a line because it will take an hour.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:39 AM

9,483 posts, read 14,543,080 times
Thanks for the heads up. There will be sledding! I think I'll take my girls there after Sunday school tomorrow. :-)

mskb, it's supposed to be 45 degrees tomorrow! It will feel like a heat wave!

Old 01-25-2014, 07:59 AM

9,796 posts, read 28,889,585 times
It will have shorter lines and way less people because of the cold. In the summer the lines can be quite long at the rodeos in both Durham and Raleigh.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:17 PM

I took my girls over there today about 1:30 PM. It was packed - sunny day and 50 degrees after the cold we were having would explain that. We drove around about 8 times and couldn't find a parking spot. Then I saw the long line for the sledding and decided, it wasn't worth it, so we left. Such a shame, because it looked like a lot of fun.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:56 PM
WDJ

286 posts, read 756,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
I took my girls over there today about 1:30 PM. It was packed - sunny day and 50 degrees after the cold we were having would explain that. We drove around about 8 times and couldn't find a parking spot. Then I saw the long line for the sledding and decided, it wasn't worth it, so we left. Such a shame, because it looked like a lot of fun.
You should've tried parking in the deck nearby like we did (then again, we came at around 12:45). The line was quite long, with about a 25 minute wait, but we held the spot in line and ate while the kids played in the snow area to the side. We ended up only going down the hill twice, and spent a lot more time in the snow play area. The kids definitely had a blast, and we hung around til a little bit past 3.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDJ View Post
You should've tried parking in the deck nearby like we did (then again, we came at around 12:45). The line was quite long, with about a 25 minute wait, but we held the spot in line and ate while the kids played in the snow area to the side. We ended up only going down the hill twice, and spent a lot more time in the snow play area. The kids definitely had a blast, and we hung around til a little bit past 3.
Oh, I didn't even see a parking deck. But it was pushing it for us to go the event anyway. My daughter and I did a scout overnight last night and were exhausted and then she went to Sunday school for a few hours, so we thought we'd just pop out of the car and check it out for a few minutes, but it wasn't meant to be. And then when we saw the sledding line, I gave up. It did look like it would be a fun afternoon!

Old 01-27-2014, 10:15 AM

125 posts, read 184,553 times
I got there around 12:30 and the lines weren't bad save for a few trucks. We hit about 6-7 and were so full and left by 1:30 ready for the next event in March!

Old 01-27-2014, 02:15 PM

Well with some real snow coming tomorrow, it looks like it doesn't matter that we missed the sledding hill yesterday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>