Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 04:21 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,655,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFLOGRLATHRT View Post
Now we are very well priced, below what others are priced per sq ft....and on our part of the subdivision, we are the only house for sale with an agent (2 that are for sale by owner) and thats it....so we get a lot of showings....just wish we would get an offer and sell it....at this point we would take less than we are asking, but still no bites...
What town, what subdivision? I'm curious...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 04:44 PM

1,495 posts, read 3,720,599 times
Welcome to the world of selling your home. Be patient.
An Ex Realtor

Old 11-29-2007, 04:50 PM

29 posts, read 27,655 times
I am in Carpenter Village in Cary

Old 11-29-2007, 04:58 PM

312 posts, read 1,904,761 times
I was a buyer last year before finding a dream house. Our agent gave us a long list of houses to check it out. It was really stressful for us because of timing. One house we liked, but other buyer outbid us. The next one we liked doesn't want any price lower. Third, seller changed her mind and decide not to sell it. We were soooo frustrated and had to keep looking. Finally six months later, we bought a brand-new house with free closing cost. I'm sure it's not easy being a buyer like everyone else.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:06 PM

306 posts, read 1,136,416 times
Quote:
Good luck selling in Cary. So many Mcmansions on the market; so little square footage. Hope you stand out from the crowd and manage to flog your house.

As for the earlier comments on the size of yard. Sometimes you really do have to see how much of the posted acreage is useable.

Recently, I looked at a similar zip code on 0.62 acre. Yard was about 20 feet deep, the rest of it contained trees on a deep slope down to the parking lot on an industrial estate. Upstairs smelt of untrained cat, hence the price was reduced 50K before it sold. Good luck to the owners on that one.

In other words, you may own a lot of acreage, but you really need to see how much of it is usable.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Above my price range for a single family...

Old 11-29-2007, 06:07 PM

29 posts, read 27,655 times
What is your price range? We are very motivated to sell....

Old 11-29-2007, 06:14 PM

My price range is modest I don't want to get into the numbers on a public forum. I've looked at some homes that are 20-30k more than the budget allows. I'm wondering if the owners will reduce or how low of any offer they will take under asking price. Coming from the MA real estate market I'm still trying to get a sense of the market here with the guidance of my realtor. I'll send you a Direct Message.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:48 AM

426 posts, read 1,490,024 times
Like the PP we are also looking for a house in Apex/Cary and getting quite discouraged with what weve found. We are getting slightly crunched for time, we have to buy by a certain date otherwise we lose some of the relocation package perks.

Our house in MA sold well under appraised and assessed value yet we are considered very lucky that its sold and we made a little something out of it. I am a sahm, my husband earns a good living but we dont want to over extend ourselves, based on what Ive read on here, our budget is modest. Carpenter village is above our price range as well.

I read that this area is supposed to be a buyers market now yet asking prices are severely inflated and sellers are not willing to deal. I walked in quite a few houses where the owners left out a copy of an appraisal and its he same as their asking price!

We visited the area over the summer and there were three houses in our price/size range that we would have bought on the spot. There seems to be a gap in the market now.

We viewed 10 + houses in the past week. Weve found really nice houses with not so nice yards and vice versa. Found one we really liked but the backyard borders a pond and I dont feel comfortable with that since I have toddlers. Liked another but was put off by aircraft noise, the overabundance of air freshener and the subdivision was quite cookie cuttery with few trees.

Selling our home in MA was extremely stressful, it was on the market for close to 6 months. Buying is supposed to be fun but I think its even worse for me than selling.

Anway, good-luck with selling your house!

Old 11-30-2007, 09:34 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,770,219 times
Quote:
I'm in CV. See my post earlier in the thread for what I've noticed in my area of CV. If you want to message me with a link to your listing, I'd be glad to give you my opinion.

But more than likely it is just going to take you some time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary