Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 09:22 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times

Advertisements

Sometimes even when you explain to a buyer what the comps show and what other homes in the neighborhood have sold for, they still want to make their offer based on what they "feel" the seller should take.

Usually, this type of buyer realizes after the 2nd try that it doesn't work that way.

Again, the media plays into this by making it seem as though sellers will take any lowball offer just to get their house sold. Its just not so in this area.

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 09:42 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFLOGRLATHRT View Post
I understand about the buyers looking for that "perfect" house...I totally get that....unfortunatley, here in Cary, most of the houses have very small yards....that is what I dont get...people come and look at the house and love it, but say they dont want it because of the yard...well, you knew it was a small yard before you came? It is just very frustrating....our realtor says we just have to be patient...patience is not my best quality! I just pray that someone will come along and find that this is their perfect house.
Your realtor is right. We just closed today on a home in NC and we have been looking since March.Bad news for us is that our home in FL just like you it is not selling.It will and it all comes down to price.We will once again reduce it when we get back to FL since we are not moving here until Feb.
We found another less expensive home several weeks ago and even though I was not crazy about it we made a fair offer a bit overwhat it is worth but she said no that she would not drop the price of her home. We didn't even counter but bid on this house which I saw a few months ago. I offered him less but he accepted. We all love our homes and to us they are worth what we are asking but in this market buyers have the say just like sellers had the say for so many years. Good luck to you and I hope you will sell soon just as I hope our Fl home sells soon.

Old 12-01-2007, 04:13 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Smile Mike please write that to the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Buyers who feel entitled to set the price for a property that another person owns are setting themselves up for disappointment.

No one owes it to a Buyer to stand and deliver a property, regardless of what Buyers are reading in the "If it bleeds, It leads" press.

Sad to think someone has so little purpose in life that they have time to write whiney letters to newspapers crying that nasty sellers wouldn't give it up...
What is the one constant in the three failed negotiations? The Buyers who think they have a right to someone else's property.
If you want to buy property, sometimes you just have to be a BUYER!
Geez Mike can we get that engraved somewhere? People need to realize that when it takes a buyer and a seller it means just that. Great post as always You could share it with the post

Old 12-01-2007, 05:45 AM

266 posts, read 590,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Buyers who feel entitled to set the price for a property that another person owns are setting themselves up for disappointment.

No one owes it to a Buyer to stand and deliver a property, regardless of what Buyers are reading in the "If it bleeds, It leads" press.

Sad to think someone has so little purpose in life that they have time to write whiney letters to newspapers crying that nasty sellers wouldn't give it up...
What is the one constant in the three failed negotiations? The Buyers who think they have a right to someone else's property.
If you want to buy property, sometimes you just have to be a BUYER!
I've never heard of buyers in any media outlet whining about not getting something they thought they were entitled to. I do welcome reading any news stories focusing on this phenomenon.

I have, however, heard of sellers (some on this site) blame everyone but the price of their home on why it's not selling. They even did a 20/20 on a house costing $1M near LA and that Kristy (sp?) girl from whatever HGTV poseur show recommending they stage the house. The one scapegoat that tops them all is the black helicopter tin foil hat conspiracy theory that the media is somehow working on taking them down, forgetting that it's the media that was arguably pumping up the market not too long ago.

Old 12-01-2007, 06:38 AM

13 posts, read 10,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Your realtor is right. We just closed today on a home in NC and we have been looking since March.Bad news for us is that our home in FL just like you it is not selling.It will and it all comes down to price.We will once again reduce it when we get back to FL since we are not moving here until Feb.
We found another less expensive home several weeks ago and even though I was not crazy about it we made a fair offer a bit overwhat it is worth but she said no that she would not drop the price of her home. We didn't even counter but bid on this house which I saw a few months ago. I offered him less but he accepted. We all love our homes and to us they are worth what we are asking but in this market buyers have the say just like sellers had the say for so many years. Good luck to you and I hope you will sell soon just as I hope our Fl home sells soon.

Homes and value. We have been on both ends of the spectrum.

In !988 bought a townhouse for 150 up in NY and sold it in 1995 for 118, yes that was a down market. We owed 118 on it at the time, no second mortgage so it hurt only a bit bringing a CHECK to that closeing of 5K to pay the realtors commission! But we bought a new single family place for 220,000. Then sold that place in 2006 for yes 525,000, again no second mortgage owed only 210 and walked away with almost 300,000 in cash.

Now we are mortgage free and the house is fantastic down here in the triangle. Funny though if I had to sell today well we would probably LOSE money again on this baby.

Your head can spin when it comes to money!

Old 12-01-2007, 03:24 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frudy McRomson View Post
I've never heard of buyers in any media outlet whining about not getting something they thought they were entitled to. I do welcome reading any news stories focusing on this phenomenon.

I have, however, heard of sellers (some on this site) blame everyone but the price of their home on why it's not selling. They even did a 20/20 on a house costing $1M near LA and that Kristy (sp?) girl from whatever HGTV poseur show recommending they stage the house. The one scapegoat that tops them all is the black helicopter tin foil hat conspiracy theory that the media is somehow working on taking them down, forgetting that it's the media that was arguably pumping up the market not too long ago.

some sellers have not faced reality.I posted above about a seller who would not budge from her price. She paid $113,000 2 years ago and wanted $185,000 for it now. her realtor said it would not sell at that price so she is asking $164,500 for a small home and a driveway that goes up hill and then a sharp left into the garage.My worst nightmare but we thought she would be able to take our offer.Buyers market and she would have made$30,000 not to shaby.As it turned out we bought a house for more then her asking price but it was worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary