Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 06:26 PM

204 posts, read 263,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
I have never been to Giacomo's in Greensboro, so couldn't tell you how big or small it is, but you can come to Weaver Street in Carrboro for tons of all sorts of cheeses and Giacomo's meats, too.

Weaver Street Market - Cheese and Specialty
Cool thanks. I'll take a ride over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 08:50 PM

436 posts, read 670,448 times
The Hillsborough location has had Giacomo's products in the past.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:55 PM

436 posts, read 670,448 times
They have much more in the shop. Prepared entrees, salads, marinaded vegiges, full deli of meat & cheese, sausages (fresh and cured), sandwiches made to order plus a small assortment of pantry items.

There is now only one location to the north of Greensboro. It's not big but the quality and assortment is quite good.

Old 05-20-2014, 02:05 PM

744 posts, read 1,261,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
I have never been to Giacomo's in Greensboro, so couldn't tell you how big or small it is, but you can come to Weaver Street in Carrboro for tons of all sorts of cheeses and Giacomo's meats, too.

Weaver Street Market - Cheese and Specialty
I love Weaver Street and am a co-op member but "tons" is way overselling what Weaver Street carries. I believe they carry 3 of Giacomo's cold cuts, the salami, soprasatta (sic), and pastrami. They have a nice cheese selection but Southern Season's selection is far larger.

Old 05-20-2014, 02:21 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,804,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sant View Post
I love Weaver Street and am a co-op member but "tons" is way overselling what Weaver Street carries. I believe they carry 3 of Giacomo's cold cuts, the salami, soprasatta (sic), and pastrami. They have a nice cheese selection but Southern Season's selection is far larger.
Is it (over)priced similarly to Southern Seasons? Especially interested in the regular salami and soppressata. (which has multiple correct spellings. )

Old 05-20-2014, 02:35 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,319,644 times
I think Weaver Street has tons of quality cheeses, but maybe I overstated the case. They certainly have a better selection than Harris Teeter or Food Lion. I don't think they have tons of Italian meats, and didn't mean to imply that, but they do have some. I am not a connoisseur of either, though, so I defer to the gourmets amongst us. Weaver Street emphasizes locally produced foods so you will find local pork sausage and other meats and local cheeses that you wouldn't find at another store.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:27 PM

826 posts, read 1,931,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
I think I'm going to go there and check out Giacomo's. But I feel like I should do other things in Greensboro if I'm going to drive just over an hour to get there. Time to research.
Go and get some banh mi sandwiches too! Italy to Vietnam in one trip!

Old 05-20-2014, 07:06 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,804,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskb View Post
Go and get some banh mi sandwiches too! Italy to Vietnam in one trip!
Where for the banh mi sandwiches? And are they the type with or without the pork pate?

Old 05-20-2014, 07:10 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,291,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Where for the banh mi sandwiches? And are they the type with or without the pork pate?
worth the trip to Greensboro to the Bahn Mi Sammich Bakery on High Point Road. I'm a huge fan!

Banh Mi Saigon Sandwiches & Bakery - Greensboro, NC | Yelp

Old 05-20-2014, 07:21 PM

9,775 posts, read 15,775,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Is it (over)priced similarly to Southern Seasons? Especially interested in the regular salami and soppressata. (which has multiple correct spellings. )

Although I haven't priced their meats, my guess would be "yes" based on prices of other items in the store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary