Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2006, 12:01 PM

132 posts, read 403,790 times

Advertisements

Hey all,
can someone please tell me what in the world there is for a couple of 29 year olds to do for Halloween around here. Up home we always went on the Halloween Loop which is just a bunch of party buses taking about 600 drunk people to all of the bars in town. Do they have anything like that here? I already have my devil costume ready and waiting. I've tried searching google, but all I can find is stuff for kids. I hear there is something in Chapel Hill, like on Franklin or something, but the reviews say everyone is sober, and not in bars but rather on the street. That doesn't sound like my kind of fun. We want to get dressed up, get drunk and dance.

Any ideas? If not, perhaps I'll just take the train home for the weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2006, 11:18 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,407,076 times
As far as outdoor events for adults, there's nothing bigger than the Chapel Hill street party downtown on Franklin. Yeah, it's technically "sober" as in law says you can't be out in the street drinking. However Franklin Street has so many bars on it that you can go into those, drink up before they close the street, then head out and party, dance, show off costumes, etc. As long as you're not so drunk that you're puking on the street or harrassing other people, then you're OK.

As far as the rest of the Triangle, I'm sure various nightclubs in Raleigh and Durham host their own parties, some are worth a gander, some aren't. Some have their events the Saturday night before Halloween instead, since they will get a better crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary