Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2007, 09:43 AM

19 posts, read 72,637 times

Advertisements

Hi, I recently moved to the Raleigh area and I have been bored out of my mind. Can someone tell me what there is to do for fun here? Is there a nightlife somewhere? Are there things/programs for teens? To me, it seems that things are few and far in between. What am I missing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 09:53 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,293,986 times
To help, can you explain in more detail what things you are looking for?

What part of the Triangle are you living in? Where have you gone so far and not liked?

Do you read the independent weekly each week? It has lots of great entertainment ideas.

If you can post more about your likes and dislikes and what it is you are looking for, I'm sure you will get some very helpful responses to your question.

Independent Weekly

Old 12-03-2007, 12:35 PM

842 posts, read 3,230,396 times
Raleigh has a higher-than-average concentration of high-speed internet connections. So you can spend your evenings posting on city-data!

Seriously though...this bugs me about Raleigh too. I enjoy walking through the various shopping malls (North Hills, Triangle Town Centre, Southpoint, etc...) or eating out at various restaurants. I'm not into the bar scene though. Unfortunately, I cannot think of anything that Raleigh could 'add' to make it more interesting for me. I'm more of a "walk along the beach/boardwalk" or "hike in the mountains" type of person, and Raleigh's not getting mountains or oceans any time soon (maybe it will with global warming though). Perhaps it's me that's boring, and not Raleigh.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:44 PM

836 posts, read 3,470,926 times
I agree, what are you looking for that is not here? Okay, we don't have mountains or a beach, but we do have lakes and great parks, including one you can get pretty lost in (Umstead) for hiking. Also, there are all kinds of theater, music, classes of all types, sports events, participatory and for watching, festivals, etc. etc. etc. Yes, you do have to look online, the paper or Independant, etc. to find out about them and then actually go, but they are there. Our family always seems to have more to do that it can do. When I hear people complain about "nothing to do" I get the feeling people want someone to come to their house, tell them their options for the day, get tickets, and then drive them there....or they will sit on their couches or at their computer screens and complain they have "nothing to do".

Okay, rant over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary