Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 03:10 PM

312 posts, read 1,905,066 times

Advertisements

Hi Holt - my beagal is 100% purebred. We found him at our local no-kill animal shelter and the previous owner retired from his hunting hobby, so he had to give him up and move away. Our dog is a very good hunter, even though we don't hunt, he would go and try to get the squirrel and bark like crazy.

I'm glad to hear that privacy fence is allowed. Our preference would be a white vinyl fence kind. We cannot use chain link because our dog LOVES to scratch his back and he sometime get a bald spot - hahaha.

We will be visiting Flowers a week after Easter and talk with them. We're also planning to search apartment. I have a job interview on that week as well, so hopefully I'll get a good job in Raleigh area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2006, 05:00 PM

50 posts, read 209,461 times
Hi all-sorry to butt in! My husband and I just returned from NC today and toured Riverwood and Plantation. They are both beautiful. We put an offer on a house in a subdivision down the block called Glenn Neuse. Its contingent on the sale of out Fl home and Im getting real nervous reading the post with the Fl home on for 1.5 months! We are in Volusia Cty and the market has really softened. I met a lady in a restaurant that worked for the Johnston Cty Education and she said River Wood School is the Creme de la crem, new and best school in Johnston. But...she did say they were all good, just not as good as Wake Cty...yet. I have a 20 month old and we/she has no friends here in Fl so please cross your fingers my house sells. We have until 8/31. Riverwood pool is the coolest! 80.00 a month though for non residents. Sorry to pop in but we just drive 10 hours and now Im looking for a realtor! My mom is going to move into either the Cottage Farm or River Wood townhouse.

I also have a Beagle AND a Basset Hound and if they are not fenced in, they would sniff their way back to Fl. I made sure the HOA allowed fences. And for my daughter....

Last edited by Yac; 06-05-2006 at 12:34 AM..

Old 06-05-2006, 12:48 AM

49 posts, read 169,740 times
Hi all, I couldn't help but to register here and supply some input to those of you who are looking to move to Clayton, NC. First a little about myself, moved to Clayton as a child back in 1983 when it was just a pimple on the map, now it's a booming town of growth and new housing developments. As being a pizza delivery driver here for nearly 15 years it's (just estimating) about 99% safe place to live, work, and travel around. The biggest complaint I would have, as most of you do, is traffic and higher gas prices but, good news is that there is a bypass of hwy 70 to route alot of traffic around, due to be completed in the summer of 2009. Real estate in this area is booming and I see a new development being built faster than I can learn an "old" one.

The average median income for a family in Clayton is ~$16000 higher per year than the U.S. family income average. So jobs are here and they must be good, jobs in Clayton however seem to mostly be service, manufacturing, pharmacutical which are not nearly as nice(unless it's management). Raleigh and RTP are not a far commute and I assume that's where most of the residents here work(or construction/development).

As far as all the developments that have been meantioned, they are all good, there is only one that was meantioned I don't know of... Cottage Farm. Riverwood Golf, Riverwood Athletic, Lee's Plantation, Glen Laurel on the Neuse, GeorgeTown(In town), Winston Plantation, Lion's Gate(In town) all of which are very nice subdivisions that offer pools, tennis courts, golf, gym. Just depends on which one you go with, if you like golf then Riverwood golf is a nice choice and I believe offers a discount to the Riverwood Athletics' indoor/outdoor pools and gyms membership. Glen Laurel at the Neuse is also a very nice golf course with a large pool, tennis courts, with communitly yard competions, as well as a very nice annual christmas time attraction with candles in bags display lining all the streets. Glen Laurel is not currently in new homes development at this time I believe but, both the Riverwood developments are and they offer a community center, elementry/middle schools, some shops, circular roadway center with a fountain/sculpures and community events. Lee's Estates is building and offers a pool, a nice long paved walking path, shopping center, and I already see a strong communty bonding with people walking the streets and congregation. Lion's Gate is just underway with a community center being built. Oh also there is Havannah's Creek just starting up with nice two story houses starting to be built. Needless to say there is much real estate for sale here as well as new homes, used homes seem to sell slow however new homes fast. My only guess is an influx of out of state buyers who only want new for warrantee reasons but, for those that want a gently used home upgrade at a good deal I can imagine the possibilities are good here.

Old 06-05-2006, 12:25 PM

Sorry, what I refered to as Lee's Plantation is actually Flower's Plantation.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:42 PM

128 posts, read 641,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybridge
Hi all, I couldn't help but to register here and supply some input to those of you who are looking to move to Clayton, NC. First a little about myself, moved to Clayton as a child back in 1983 when it was just a pimple on the map, now it's a booming town of growth and new housing developments. As being a pizza delivery driver here for nearly 15 years it's (just estimating) about 99% safe place to live, work, and travel around. The biggest complaint I would have, as most of you do, is traffic and higher gas prices but, good news is that there is a bypass of hwy 70 to route alot of traffic around, due to be completed in the summer of 2009. Real estate in this area is booming and I see a new development being built faster than I can learn an "old" one.

The average median income for a family in Clayton is ~$16000 higher per year than the U.S. family income average. So jobs are here and they must be good, jobs in Clayton however seem to mostly be service, manufacturing, pharmacutical which are not nearly as nice(unless it's management). Raleigh and RTP are not a far commute and I assume that's where most of the residents here work(or construction/development).

As far as all the developments that have been meantioned, they are all good, there is only one that was meantioned I don't know of... Cottage Farm. Riverwood Golf, Riverwood Athletic, Lee's Plantation, Glen Laurel on the Neuse, GeorgeTown(In town), Winston Plantation, Lion's Gate(In town) all of which are very nice subdivisions that offer pools, tennis courts, golf, gym. Just depends on which one you go with, if you like golf then Riverwood golf is a nice choice and I believe offers a discount to the Riverwood Athletics' indoor/outdoor pools and gyms membership. Glen Laurel at the Neuse is also a very nice golf course with a large pool, tennis courts, with communitly yard competions, as well as a very nice annual christmas time attraction with candles in bags display lining all the streets. Glen Laurel is not currently in new homes development at this time I believe but, both the Riverwood developments are and they offer a community center, elementry/middle schools, some shops, circular roadway center with a fountain/sculpures and community events. Lee's Estates is building and offers a pool, a nice long paved walking path, shopping center, and I already see a strong communty bonding with people walking the streets and congregation. Lion's Gate is just underway with a community center being built. Oh also there is Havannah's Creek just starting up with nice two story houses starting to be built. Needless to say there is much real estate for sale here as well as new homes, used homes seem to sell slow however new homes fast. My only guess is an influx of out of state buyers who only want new for warrantee reasons but, for those that want a gently used home upgrade at a good deal I can imagine the possibilities are good here.

Greybridge,

you have done a magnificent job on explaining the Clayton area and have done more good than my personal realtor!!!! Kudos to you!!! You are in the wrong business and should look into becoming a realtor!!! LOL!!
I can not wait to see the area and we are coming up this weekend!!!

Old 06-05-2006, 07:51 PM

50 posts, read 209,461 times
Default I agree!

What a wealth of information! We just bought a house in Forest Glen down the road from Flowers. I cant wait to get there! I am in the East Clayton Schoold district, I was kinda hoping I would be in Riverwood but my daughter is only 2 so maybe there will more to choose from. I heard E Clayton was a pretty good school. I love that little Diner on 70. I cant remember the name but it look from the 50's and everyone was sooo nice!
Thank you!

Old 06-06-2006, 10:30 PM

Thank you, thank you, i've never really liked sales and i'm not a pushy person so it wouldn't work out well most likely. Realtor is different though but my future plans are in real estate investment. Forest Glen is also a very nice subdivision and is within a half a mile from the Glen Laurel golf course, if you're into that. Also that school is about 2 miles away which will be nice for pta meetings and such. All the schools here seem to be good with one exception only because of it's location (Cooper's) it's near "the hood" but easily can get to it without having to drive through that.

Hehe I call that place the shiny diner but's it's called "The Rockin' Comet" which i guess by coincedence the high schools mascot is the comet or they named it that on purpose to draw the high school crowd??? If you like that nostalgic feeling and are in the mood for a hamburger or hotdog you should try Andy's Cheesesteaks on main street. They scared me with friendlyness and I've lived in the south for a long time. They were not busy at the time and someone came and held the door open for me, everyone said hello and welcome and the place is full of old car steering wheels, hubcaps, pictures(elvis and others). Whole 50's look but employees dress in normal nowaday uniforms. If you want to take your loved one to a fancy(expensive) place nearby (maybe to celebrate finally getting moved in) Main Steak Restaurant also on main street in the heart of town. I've heard it will run around $80 to feed two and the food was "ok", not sure what to think about that but it might have the right atmosphere for those special occassions(don't think it's a place for children and may be a dress code).

Congratulations on your new home Mom2KK, please feel free to ask me anything you may want to know about the area and I will try to help. nk0171 best of luck to you finding yours and if either of you need help finding a way around traffic in the Clayton area let me know. If it's to Raleigh once you're there your on your own, I burn enough gas driving in Clayton.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:21 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,563,693 times
Hi Greybridge, You may not be in real estate, but as they say you should be. Alot of my clients are now asking me for the Clayton area. I am going to print your info and keep it on hand for my own knowledge. Thanks so much for all the help to everyone. Your great.

Debbie

Old 06-07-2006, 06:57 AM

312 posts, read 1,905,066 times
Mom2KK - I'm from Volusia County, FL, too! Small world! We, too, have until 8/31 to sell our FL house. From what I was told by several FL realtors here, the market is slow and should be picking up around mid-summer to end of summer. Yeah, like you, I'm in a basketcase, biting my fingernails like crazy! Someone mentioned to me if I don't get my house sold before then, I could apply for a bridge loan. But it's too risky because we have no clue how long our FL house will be on the market. You can PM me anytime you want to chat about Flowers, school, our FL home situation, etc. I'll be here.

Old 06-07-2006, 07:05 AM

212 posts, read 923,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybridge
Thank you, thank you, i've never really liked sales and i'm not a pushy person so it wouldn't work out well most likely. Realtor is different though but my future plans are in real estate investment. Forest Glen is also a very nice subdivision and is within a half a mile from the Glen Laurel golf course, if you're into that. Also that school is about 2 miles away which will be nice for pta meetings and such. All the schools here seem to be good with one exception only because of it's location (Cooper's) it's near "the hood" but easily can get to it without having to drive through that.

Hehe I call that place the shiny diner but's it's called "The Rockin' Comet" which i guess by coincedence the high schools mascot is the comet or they named it that on purpose to draw the high school crowd??? If you like that nostalgic feeling and are in the mood for a hamburger or hotdog you should try Andy's Cheesesteaks on main street. They scared me with friendlyness and I've lived in the south for a long time. They were not busy at the time and someone came and held the door open for me, everyone said hello and welcome and the place is full of old car steering wheels, hubcaps, pictures(elvis and others). Whole 50's look but employees dress in normal nowaday uniforms. If you want to take your loved one to a fancy(expensive) place nearby (maybe to celebrate finally getting moved in) Main Steak Restaurant also on main street in the heart of town. I've heard it will run around $80 to feed two and the food was "ok", not sure what to think about that but it might have the right atmosphere for those special occassions(don't think it's a place for children and may be a dress code).

Congratulations on your new home Mom2KK, please feel free to ask me anything you may want to know about the area and I will try to help. nk0171 best of luck to you finding yours and if either of you need help finding a way around traffic in the Clayton area let me know. If it's to Raleigh once you're there your on your own, I burn enough gas driving in Clayton.
Greybridge, do you know if the utilities are more because the area is further out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary