U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 09:50 AM

1 posts, read 3,830 times

Advertisements

Hi gal83,

I live in west Cary. Yes, I am still considering.

Last edited by RedZin; 04-18-2014 at 07:12 AM.. Reason: No manual signatures.
Rate this post positively

Old 04-13-2014, 10:32 AM

5 posts, read 9,453 times
Anyone in HS/FV considering going? We got our twin rising 1st graders in, but are concerned about distance and inability to return to current school as all HS schools are capped...

Old 04-13-2014, 11:01 AM

4 posts, read 8,814 times
Does any one know if they are going to have a gym, cafeteria, and soccer field? Also, has a high school location already been secured? Or will it be at the same location?

Old 04-13-2014, 11:07 AM

6 posts, read 15,118 times
They said they eventually will have a gym, but not the first year. They will have a field, a playground and a multipurpose room. Someone who went to an info session said the HS would be somewhere in Cary, but a location hadn't been secured yet. There is a new FAQ section up on the school website.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:19 PM

4 posts, read 8,814 times
Is anyone from North Raleigh considering attending?

Old 04-16-2014, 09:42 AM

1 posts, read 2,445 times
I am new here but did a Google search on this school when I found it online and have been following this thread. I got the email today that my daughter (entering 6th grade) got a seat. We live in East Raleigh, but I work in RTP and have to drive past Cary every day. She’s on a waitlist for two other charters in Raleigh. On one she's among almost 100 children and on the other she’s 18th, but hasn’t moved at all since the lottery.

I actually didn’t find out about this school until pretty well into the application period and was kind of surprised we got in. Still considering this among 2 private schools. One week to decide to accept the seat, then another 2 to submit the paperwork to retain the seat. By then it will be May and I’ll definitely know what I’m going to do.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:31 PM

3 posts, read 7,355 times
We have a rising 1st grader and are in Apex. While we like our current school, we are encouraged by the things we have read and heard about the school. I like the fact that I will know where my child will be going to school for as long as we choose to send her there. The fact that the school board continues to change their minds about the assignment plan is one of the reasons we chose to look into charter schools. I think it will be a good thing for the area - I also think that while I have read some of the reviews for other CSUSA schools and they weren't that good, I don't think that the parents in Wake County are going to allow Cardinal Charter to be a low rated school. We have high expectations and that is why we chose to apply to a charter school - because WCPSS isn't meeting our expectations.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:35 PM

6 posts, read 12,118 times
Default Other Cardinal locations coming soon?

For those considering the Cardinal location in Cary but not certain if the location would work out long term commute-wise, it appears that the same board has filed charter applications for two other Cardinal charter schools (for now, keeping the same name?) in North Raleigh and Knightdale locations with openings scheduled for the 2015 school year. Has anyone else seen these applications?

Last edited by mrsbonesmc; 04-16-2014 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: typos :)

Old 04-16-2014, 08:09 PM

6 posts, read 15,118 times
When I dropped off my enrollment forms at the temporary Cary office yesterday, they did say that Charter Schools USA had applied for schools in North Raleigh and Knightdale. I haven't seen the applications, but my guess is they're probably largely the same as the one they turned in for the Cary location - (Charter Schools USA clearly has a formula that's been working for them, so I doubt they would reinvent the wheel for each individual school location). I currently live in Knightdale, and I bet that if they get approval, the school will get a flood of applications. Our base school is terrible - so I feel very lucky my daughter got into Cardinal.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,358 times
I have a bad feeling about this school for the reasons below.
1. We were told in info session, School Principal will be announced in a day or two on their website. It's not there after six weeks.
2. I registered my kids and did not received their lottery ids. Called 1800 number provided and sent many emails to [email]info@c...and[/email] no one responded so far. Finally got an email four days before acceptance cutoff date.
3. I want to know who the Principal is, but unfortunately no one is responding at the number provided by them. 919-465-0180. If you don't have resources to answer the call, why to publish it.

Bottom line.. If they don't know to handle registration process, what can one expect running a school from this administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary