U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 09:47 AM

7 posts, read 18,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakry View Post
I have a bad feeling about this school for the reasons below.
1. We were told in info session, School Principal will be announced in a day or two on their website. It's not there after six weeks.
2. I registered my kids and did not received their lottery ids. Called 1800 number provided and sent many emails to info@c...and no one responded so far. Finally got an email four days before acceptance cutoff date.
3. I want to know who the Principal is, but unfortunately no one is responding at the number provided by them. 919-465-0180. If you don't have resources to answer the call, why to publish it.

Bottom line.. If they don't know to handle registration process, what can one expect running a school from this administration.
I agree their customer service is pretty bad. I have been trying to reach them via phone and email with no luck.
Rate this post positively

Old 04-17-2014, 09:51 AM

3 posts, read 7,334 times
As for who the placement of the principal, at the information session on February 6th, the first one, they said that they would have a principal placed no later than April 1st. And they did that.

As for the phone number, it is frustrating but there is only one person in the Cary office so he or she is probably busy collecting the 661 registration packets that are being dropped off or scanned in. We didn't get an email with our lottery number either; when I did finally get to talk to Ms Diggs on the 1-800 number to get my lottery number, she said they had sent a mass email and that many people didn't get it who had gmail or hotmail accounts because it was a large email. They are hard to get a hold of I'll give you that - I sent an email last Tuesday and received a reply on Friday, not 24 hours like they said but I did receive a reply. You have to think they are busy so I'm cutting them a little slack. We are taking the leap of faith and joining the Cardinal Charter family too. I'm pretty sure that after the school is built and they have a permanent office staff, the communication will get much better. Besides, once there is a school to contact, you won't need the 800 number because you can call the school directly.

Last edited by RedZin; 04-18-2014 at 07:16 AM.. Reason: No links from new members.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:48 AM

6 posts, read 15,073 times
I agree with biz103's points above. Also, it seems like the other new charter schools in our area are also off to a rocky start - Wake Forest Charter's lottery was a disaster and had to be re-done (and they haven't even started construction yet), and Exploris Elementary just secured land to rent this week. Clearly, the families that decide to be the "first" at a school have to ride out lots of bumps.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:52 AM

4 posts, read 8,791 times
Does anyone know the following?

1). Will there definitely be a high school? When I asked the 1-800 they said it depends how things pan out.
2) If yes, is there a location secured?

Old 04-17-2014, 12:36 PM

The woman at the temporary office told me that the high school had not yet been approved by the state. But they do not think approval will be an issue once they apply. The high school would be three years down the road - a location has not been secured.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:26 PM

3 posts, read 7,334 times
So I went to the temporary office today to drop off the registration packet. There was an hour and a half wait when I walked in. I had my 2 year old son and 6 year old daughter with me and we just couldn't do it. I couldn't sit there and wait that long with the 2 of them. I'll go next week I guess. In the email about the temporary office it said they would be open Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays and on the registration packet it says just Tuesday and Thursday - does anyone know which is correct? Also, it says you can scan the registration packet to the email address but everything says they have to have the originals of birth certificates, SS cards, etc so you can't really scan it then can you? You would still have to go into the office to give them the documentation right? I'm trying to think of a way to not have to go sit for hours with 2 kids in tow but still get everything in before the 25th (my deadline based on acceptance date).

Old 04-17-2014, 06:11 PM

75 posts, read 163,278 times
Do you get the registration packet in the mail or need to print out the forms from website?

Surprisingly, the process of registering for lottery was very smooth for us. I kept on getting their emails about the ID and also the result without any hassle. We have accepted the offer yesterday but still need to collect and drop the documents.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:19 PM

I printed everything out from the site and turned it into the office. I haven't received anything in the mail, only through email. The process was very smooth for us as well.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:31 AM

4 posts, read 11,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biz103 View Post
So I went to the temporary office today to drop off the registration packet. There was an hour and a half wait when I walked in. I had my 2 year old son and 6 year old daughter with me and we just couldn't do it. I couldn't sit there and wait that long with the 2 of them. I'll go next week I guess. In the email about the temporary office it said they would be open Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays and on the registration packet it says just Tuesday and Thursday - does anyone know which is correct? Also, it says you can scan the registration packet to the email address but everything says they have to have the originals of birth certificates, SS cards, etc so you can't really scan it then can you? You would still have to go into the office to give them the documentation right? I'm trying to think of a way to not have to go sit for hours with 2 kids in tow but still get everything in before the 25th (my deadline based on acceptance date).
The office is now open mon tue and thu. On thu its 10-6 and I believe the other days are 8-4. Yes, you will still have to go to the office at some point because they need to see the original copy of the birth certificate (they don't really need the s.s. card). If possible, try to go right when the office opens. One parent went at 9:45 one morning and she said there was no wait at all.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:22 AM

34,820 posts, read 32,747,699 times
Please read the posting FAQ (a link is at the bottom of this post.) There are MANY new members of City-Data in this thread. Be mindful of the posting guidelines.

Also, be mindful of anything you read that was posted by a new member. While most people are genuinely trying to help, not everyone on the internet has selfless motives. If you see that a member has more than a few dozen posts and has been registered here more than a few months, you can more safely assume that any advice they offer is purely out of a desire to assist you.

We get MANY threads here about new charter schools. Be selective in your trust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary