Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 11:53 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,482,197 times

Advertisements

We were heading to the Green Road Public Library and saw "Vote Here" and "Park Here" signs in front of the Green Road Community Center.

Early voting at Green Road starts tomorrow.

The parking lot looked almost empty, so we pulled right in thinking the site had opened one day early, and we were in luck.

At the door, an unprofessional sign indicated that voting would start tomorrow.

Called Wake County Board of Elections and they were as surprised as us about the posting of the official signs one day early.

Suggested that garbage bags be purchased at Walmart to cover the signs until tomorrow morning.

Hope the staff posting the signs can find the way to Walmart (LOL).

Last edited by CapitalBlvd; 10-26-2016 at 12:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 12:23 PM

286 posts, read 750,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post
We were heading to the Green Road Public Library and saw "Vote Here" and "Park Here" signs in front of the Green Road Community Center.

Early voting at Green Road starts tomorrow.

The parking lot looked almost empty, so we pulled right in thinking the site had opened one day early, and we were in luck.

At the door, an unprofessional sign indicated that voting would start tomorrow.

Called Wake County Board of Elections and they were as surprised as us about the posting of the official signs one day early.

Suggested that garbage bags be purchased at Walmart to cover the signs until tomorrow morning.

Hope the staff posting the signs can find the way to Walmart (LOL).

You stated "Early voting at Green Road starts tomorrow." ....Oct. 27th. So why did you think you could vote today.....today is Oct 26th?

http://msweb03.co.wake.nc.us/bordele...6/EVposter.pdf

Last edited by RedZin; 10-27-2016 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: Removed OT sentence.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:19 PM

1,527 posts, read 1,482,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy61 View Post
You stated "Early voting at Green Road starts tomorrow." ....Oct. 27th. So why did you think you could vote today.....today is Oct 26th?

When the signs said to come in, it was logical to think the opening date had been moved just like the "soft openings" in many new stores.

The person at the Board of Elections agreed that the stupidity was beyond belief.

Last edited by RedZin; 10-27-2016 at 08:05 AM..

Old 10-26-2016, 07:14 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,772,310 times
You do have to wonder just who is managing these voting facilities
Election 2016 | Early voting site in Granville County, NC, left unlocked | News & Observer

Old 10-26-2016, 11:31 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,834,607 times
I saw some sings being put out early at a different spot, though it was after dark, so probably past the hours they would/will be open.

I don't call it "stupidity", I call it "poor signage" or "thoughtlessness".

OTOH, better than stories I've heard where there were polling places with NO signs at all marking them!

Old 10-27-2016, 08:03 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Does seem a bit weird. They should've had dates for voting printed onto the signs. Not everyone knows the exact schedule and if you saw those, you'd assume that early voting had begun.

I would assume that, based solely on the signage.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:46 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,904,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy61 View Post

Old 10-27-2016, 08:56 AM

1,037 posts, read 1,381,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
I saw some sings being put out early at a different spot, though it was after dark, so probably past the hours they would/will be open.

I don't call it "stupidity", I call it "poor signage" or "thoughtlessness".

OTOH, better than stories I've heard where there were polling places with NO signs at all marking them!
Yeah, "stupidity" is going a little far but it is an unfortunate error. I can see a poll worker putting the signs out early because no one would be able to be there late at night or super early in the morning and they needed to go up.

And I agree, a polling place with no signs would be much, much worse.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:14 AM

286 posts, read 750,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndroid View Post
Yeah, "stupidity" is going a little far but it is an unfortunate error. I can see a poll worker putting the signs out early because no one would be able to be there late at night or super early in the morning and they needed to go up.

And I agree, a polling place with no signs would be much, much worse.

Actually....the earliest opening is 8:30am on weekends , 9am on weekdays so it's not like that is super early ....at least for us working folks, but maybe super early for those retired working the polls.....

Old 10-27-2016, 10:23 AM

1,701 posts, read 2,591,442 times
The Google home page has a small notice saying ...
Quote:
Early voting begins in North Carolina today.
Many of us did Early Voting before today.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary