Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 12:25 AM

204 posts, read 263,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justusandthekids View Post
Welcome! We moved from Fairfax County VA 3 1/2 years ago and love it here. Just take it all in...relax and say goodbye to traffic everywhere you go .
At least for the near future. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drahn View Post
I am at a loss! My husband is working in Durham I am down North with my son. We are trying to find the best place to plant our roots but have hit some road blocks. We seem to be leaning towards Apex but cannot find any apt complexes which take in a mixed breed dog. Ours is a chocolate lab/MIX not sure what the other half is and are concerned it will be a problem since he is on the bigger size. Also getting mixed reviews on schools (High Schools). I think we may need to consider Cary (which I have no problem with) but my husband says he's trying to stay away from us transplants :-).
So if any one has any suggestions they would be GREATLY appreciated especially anyone with info on High Schools/experiences etc...THANK you very much!!

So why even move to the Triangle area when it's full of transplants!! He may have a tough time getting along in the the area. Just saying....

Old 04-30-2014, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalRed View Post
Never heard of mix-breeds being an issue but weight is an issue. If you want Apex there is a place that allows dogs of any weight as long as you have a lower floor it's called the Village Summit in the Villages of Apex. My friend has two boxers and lives there and I have seen a lot of Labs/Goldens. Apex HS may have a cap but just thought I mention this place for you.
Yes weight limits can be a factor and definitely aggressive breeds on the list. Those are generally show stoppers.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:08 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,592,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drahn View Post
I am at a loss! My husband is working in Durham I am down North with my son. We are trying to find the best place to plant our roots but have hit some road blocks. We seem to be leaning towards Apex but cannot find any apt complexes which take in a mixed breed dog. Ours is a chocolate lab/MIX not sure what the other half is and are concerned it will be a problem since he is on the bigger size. Also getting mixed reviews on schools (High Schools). I think we may need to consider Cary (which I have no problem with) but my husband says he's trying to stay away from us transplants :-).
So if any one has any suggestions they would be GREATLY appreciated especially anyone with info on High Schools/experiences etc...THANK you very much!!
Aw, man! Too funny. Well, he's out of luck in the Triangle. I was going to guide you toward more rural areas, but if he's working in Durham he is stuck with his own people

So my dog is a mix and I don't know her breeds either. The shelter called her a hound mix. Maybe that can work for you too (I had no problem with my apartment complex, though I have to say I already lived in the complex when I adopted her - they still had to approve her though). Lab mix may not really raise eyebrows if you emphasize the lab part.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:15 PM

45 posts, read 57,249 times
Cary High School Is one of the best in the state if you looking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary