Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 04:31 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,351,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Found a door hanger from opponents to the rezoning on my door the other day. Below is a link to their newsletter. Interesting to see the the approach they are taking. I forsee some heated public meetings in the future. Full disclosure, I'm on the fence about this project. While I don't support the developer or current proposal / plan I also don't agree with all the arguments and claims opponents to the rezoning have made.

What do you think?

http://norchoa.files.wordpress.com/2...otectfalls.pdf
They are way more organized than the folks who came by my house trying to drum up support to stop the Harris Teeter on Hwy 98 / Creedmoor Rd. I listened politely and once they had left turned to my wife and said "I can't wait until they open the grocery store". Now I turn to her and say "I'm so glad they opened the grocery store". I imagine the same feelings will be expressed by the vast for the Publix grocery store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 07:27 PM

875 posts, read 1,161,745 times
The night sky will be replaced with the glow of parking lot lights and the sultry summer air tainted
by decaying food in nearby dumpsters. The quiet mornings will be replaced with garbage trucks banging those dumpsters to empty their waste.

And yet somehow the "small shops, offices, and restaurants to serve the surrounding neighborhoods" don't have a need for lighting, dumpsters or deliveries.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:37 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,033,287 times
All this energy expended over the "scarring" might be better focused on cleaning up the cesspool of Falls Lake from which the neighborhood's drinking water is pulled.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:33 AM

436 posts, read 670,448 times
"The really old Publix that used to be close to my grandparents in da'Bronx had a great bakery."

What? Publix has never been in NY.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:07 PM

9 posts, read 11,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post
I live in Bedford, and I support the rezoning. I find it funny that the same people who built/bought houses on cleared farmland and added to sprawl suddenly are opposed to it.
Shut the door behind themselves, right? I hear ya!

Old 03-03-2014, 08:10 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,339,124 times
I was wondering what those Zone-NOT signs were along Falls of Neuse. Now I know. Prior to this post it was not very Publix to me. Thought maybe they wanted to widen Falls of Neuse again....oh wait that will come after the strip mall adds a Publix. Sorry got my timing off a bit by only knowing the Private part of this Publix saga.

Well as a passer by-er to this area I truly like what they did to widen Falls of Neuse, I truly like the Falls of Neuse greenway path and the new bridge over Falls of Neuse river. Heck, I won't go as far as liking the smell driving over the Falls river in the summer months so maybe that would best sum up my feelings of seeing a strip mall somewhere on Falls of Neuse with or without a Publix.

Just stating the facts in this Publix forum about a private opinion as was asked by the poster......

Old 11-28-2014, 07:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,066 times
Default Bedford / Falls River, Increased Traffic

I've never been to a Publix, but I hear they are great stores. My concern is the additional traffic. These residential streets are not thoroughfares with signifiant traffic, making it unpleasant and even dangerous for kids to play in their yards. Hadleigh ,because it is a small neighborhood of cul-de-sacs off cul de sacs with no short-cuts is the only neighborhood that will not be effected.

I worry abut kids waiting for the school bus, or being dropped at their bus stop in an area with a of of traffic.

This new store, if approved will surely lower the property values of Bedford, Woodspring, Falls River and other neighborhoods.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:44 AM

621 posts, read 981,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella_h View Post
I worry abut kids waiting for the school bus, or being dropped at their bus stop in an area with a of of traffic.
Is it not possible to put in adequate traffic safeguards?

Old 11-29-2014, 06:12 AM

2,442 posts, read 2,866,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_link View Post
"The really old Publix that used to be close to my grandparents in da'Bronx had a great bakery."

What? Publix has never been in NY.
I was thinking the same thing! I grew up in the Bronx; we never had a Publix anywhere we shopped on Fordham or Kingsbridge Rd!

Old 11-29-2014, 07:14 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,028,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
I was thinking the same thing! I grew up in the Bronx; we never had a Publix anywhere we shopped on Fordham or Kingsbridge Rd!
In that case I bet the poster was using sarcasm. Making fun of northerners moving to the area complaining about all the good things they left behind. Maybe?

After looking back at seeing who the poster was now im not so sure. She isnt one to make jokes like that.

Last edited by cyn7cyn; 11-29-2014 at 07:20 AM.. Reason: saw who poster was
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary