Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 02:26 PM

5,233 posts, read 3,824,042 times

Advertisements

Moving into a new house at the end of this month. The builder laid sod. I want to give it a good chance to take and live but since I am not going to be around much I need a service for feeding etc. I used Chemlawn many moons ago up here in NJ and had no complaints. Can someone reco either a national or local guy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 04:02 PM

1,509 posts, read 2,436,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
Moving into a new house at the end of this month. The builder laid sod. I want to give it a good chance to take and live but since I am not going to be around much I need a service for feeding etc. I used Chemlawn many moons ago up here in NJ and had no complaints. Can someone reco either a national or local guy?
We've been VERY happy with Richard Newkumet's Stone Valley Landscapes. He is VERY competitively priced and we've had no complaints about him. He's cut, fertilized, treated, and seeded our yard and aside from just a BAD run of luck post-seeding this past Fall with a string of rainy days making our front yard a mudpit, our yard's looked pretty good. He can be reached at 919-559-6507.

We've also heard nothing but good things about TROSA. It's a great organization with a great mission and should we ever become unhappy with Stone Valley, it's who we'd be likely to turn to.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:38 PM

Thanks I will check them out.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:37 PM

Very nice young man at Stone Valley. He gave me a very good price on cutting and lawn care. I was surprised the cost was that low. Hope they do a good job.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:57 PM

1,509 posts, read 2,436,378 times
Quote:
Very nice young man at Stone Valley. He gave me a very good price on cutting and lawn care. I was surprised the cost was that low. Hope they do a good job.
I've been nothing but happy with him, lancers - he's pretty good about recommending services without upselling too much and always leaves my yard clean and tidy. Worst he's ever left behind was he accidentally left his sunglasses behind when I got him to root up two old shrubs for me!

Old 03-05-2014, 02:59 PM
T|K

892 posts, read 2,501,528 times
Nutri Lawn in N. Raleigh (Nutri-Lawn2). He has taken out front yard from completely bare from the previous owners to nice and lush. The page is a little bare but he does great work.

Old 05-11-2015, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
We've been VERY happy with Richard Newkumet's Stone Valley Landscapes. He is VERY competitively priced and we've had no complaints about him. He's cut, fertilized, treated, and seeded our yard and aside from just a BAD run of luck post-seeding this past Fall with a string of rainy days making our front yard a mudpit, our yard's looked pretty good. He can be reached at 919-559-6507.

We've also heard nothing but good things about TROSA. It's a great organization with a great mission and should we ever become unhappy with Stone Valley, it's who we'd be likely to turn to.
Anyone ever use TROSA? Might have to find a lawn service quick. No problems last year but not happy this season so far at all.

Old 05-11-2015, 05:27 AM

2,024 posts, read 5,924,336 times
Quote:
Anyone ever use TROSA? Might have to find a lawn service quick. No problems last year but not happy this season so far at all.
We have recently started using them for some services. Doing a good job with the lawn care, mow/blow/edging, etc.; rates are good. Too soon (~1 month) to know how they will do over the longer run. We had them five years ago and were generally happy.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:02 AM

17 posts, read 18,500 times
Wish I could speak for TROSA but I tried to get an estimate from them last year, they came to take a look and never got back to me with their estimate. Contacted them again recently but they didn't seem to have very much interest in answering my questions so someone else will get my business. Shame because I loved their moving services.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:06 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,120,158 times
I had a similar experience to cdashd with TROSA and simply gave up on them. We have had good results from CVG Landshaping: Untitled Document Chris is a really nice guy and their rates are competitive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary