Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 02:57 PM

637 posts, read 1,057,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecomet View Post
Better watch those McDonalds! They recently made headlines by asking a retired couple to leave. Their 30 minutes priviledge was up. It went viral and Mickey D's offered the couple a free cup of coffee. Really? Think they could afford a couple of free coffees?
That wasn't why. The elderly couple was preventing them from doing regular maintenance, specifically asking them to not clean the floor near them.

Elderly couple kicked out of Va. McDonald's for sitting too long

I'm all for going a little easier on the elderly than the general population, but feeling entitled to loiter indefinitely in a restaurant that you're not continually spending money in is one thing, but asking the workers to make an exception for you and not do their job because it's inconveniencing you, while you sit there as long as it suits you smacking away at cheap and greasy fast food or talking at the pace you enjoy is just over the top and they should be old enough to know better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 04:47 PM

272 posts, read 303,147 times
McDonald's in Cary at the intersection of High House and Cary Parkway has a very nice nighttime staff. Kind and warmhearted gals. On the weekend you'll occasionally get groups of teenagers bursting in in the wee hours making some noise, but it's mostly quiet. Large flat panel TV too if you want to take a break from studying. (Only gets CNN.)

I've spent several nights there.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:31 PM

151 posts, read 195,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainednCary View Post
McDonald's in Cary at the intersection of High House and Cary Parkway has a very nice nighttime staff. Kind and warmhearted gals. On the weekend you'll occasionally get groups of teenagers bursting in in the wee hours making some noise, but it's mostly quiet. Large flat panel TV too if you want to take a break from studying. (Only gets CNN.)

I've spent several nights there.

Thanks!!

Old 03-15-2014, 06:22 AM

621 posts, read 981,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainednCary View Post
groups of teenagers bursting in in the wee hours
Maybe they will see cheese_cakes diligently studying and stop wasting their time. : )

Old 03-15-2014, 07:03 AM

1,764 posts, read 2,864,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese_cakes View Post
Thanks for the advice.

I didn't know haris teetar was 24 hours!

I study earlier in the day as well but sometimes the library closes at 6 pm. Then I'm not sure what to do :/

I'm taking like 17 credits with some Math, Physics and Computer courses so I have a lot to do and I'm trying to maintain my 4.0
Hey there,

I'm thinking some of us need to start a business just to provide information to newcomers. Like you, I did not know HT was 24 hours until someone here told me! I didn't even know it was a grocery store because we didn't have them in the Midwest and with all the strip malls everywhere, names just become a blur after awhile. ;-)

Oh, I see your dilemma now! I think you've received some great suggestions and can probably find something that works for you. Keep up the good work (I was a Math major in college so I remember that Science course load quite well) and don't overdo it.

All the best!
MJ

P.S. Gard, thanks for the S&S tip. Capital Blvd. is far, but if I'm ever that way I will stop in for the kids.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:21 AM

78 posts, read 108,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese_cakes View Post
Is there a 24/7 library somewhere? Preferably near RTP. I need to study during the night and libraries close.

If not - any 24 hour food places? I'm not it would be a good idea to study at waffle house. That place is a bit too noisy.
Walmart is 24/7 though look at the crowds they barely seem like the studious type!!! LOL

On a serious note though the latest library stay open is 9p.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary