Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 04:55 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,234,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmagic92 View Post
Bu-ku, The Pit, La Volta, Flying Saucer, and sometimes Big Ed's City Market. I have always received slow and incoherent service from the waiters and waitresses from these places.
"slow and incoherent service from the waiters and waitresses" at Big Ed's City market? For a busy restaurant we receive better service than anywhere in the Triangle. We love this restaurant!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 06:07 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,865,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
Honestly I've had some pretty horrible/incoherent service at several of them.
other things I dislike:
transplants whining about a too big school district
people complaining about snow days/delis/pizza/bagels
how crowded Crabtree mall is now
Capital Blvd and everything about it (except Royal India)
new cookie cutter neighborhoods and the HOA's that serve them
the Hurricanes loosing badly
poor public transportation
the DMV
inadequate aquatic facilities in western wake

Some people like to vent/complain. Some people like to complain about complainers. See, it all works out.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:43 AM

135 posts, read 268,343 times
Styrofoam! I have lived and traveled all over the country and I have never seen so many businesses still using it for both take out and dine in. Cups AND plates! The use of disposable utensils and plates seems a lot more prevalent in restaurants here in general, I'm disgusted by the amount of waste that's generated.

Also, there is way more littering here, that's gross too!

Old 03-19-2014, 07:49 AM

25 posts, read 33,745 times
1) Traffic around the Crabtree Valley area - it's horrible, and I have a feeling that it will be 20 years before it is fixed.

2) How developers just clear-cut the trees when building new subdivisions or shopping areas

Old 03-19-2014, 07:50 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,668,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Beard View Post
1) Traffic around the Crabtree Valley area - it's horrible, and I have a feeling that it will be 20 years before it is fixed.
I've been here since 1995. It hasn't changed.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:01 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,808,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanieskid View Post
Styrofoam! I have lived and traveled all over the country and I have never seen so many businesses still using it for both take out and dine in. Cups AND plates! The use of disposable utensils and plates seems a lot more prevalent in restaurants here in general, I'm disgusted by the amount of waste that's generated.

Also, there is way more littering here, that's gross too!
That's because everyone takes home their leftovers. I think they are hoping for some botulism, but that's just me.
Head out to the N.C. Seafood Restaurant Or Smithfield's Chicken and Barbecue and watch the people carrying their festering leftovers out to the car for the drive home to JoCo.
Really? You're gonna EAT that? Good luck to you.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:30 AM

1,764 posts, read 2,859,182 times
Oh, I thought of another one. It's in the "middle of the sun" in the summer months. I feel like I'm stuck in that one Twilight Zone episode. I am very fortunate to live in a community with a pool though. Otherwise, I would die every summer. ;-)

Old 03-19-2014, 09:33 AM

1,764 posts, read 2,859,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmagic92 View Post
Bu-ku, The Pit, La Volta, Flying Saucer, and sometimes Big Ed's City Market. I have always received slow and incoherent service from the waiters and waitresses from these places.
I can't figure out what "incoherent service" is exactly. Would you mind clarifying this for me, please?

Old 03-19-2014, 09:36 AM

1,734 posts, read 2,563,648 times
[quote=The Red Beard;33945057

2) How developers just clear-cut the trees when building new subdivisions or shopping areas[/QUOTE]

And Then they put up "Tree Protection Zone" signs.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:55 AM

633 posts, read 1,163,094 times
Thanks everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary