Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 06:21 AM

323 posts, read 1,791,827 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where in the Triangle you can rent an Ozone Generator?
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 07:28 AM

4,281 posts, read 5,942,838 times
Default Knowing your intended purpose may help

Ozone is created by lightning strikes and electrical arcing, but is usually considered a pollutant. Are you looking for a small amount for laboratory testing?

Companies that supply industrial gasses may sell it in bottled format like the oxygen and acetylene bottles used with cutting torches.

Please read the attached link. Per the EPA, ozone is a toxic gas!

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/ozonegen.html

Old 03-05-2009, 07:39 AM

43,320 posts, read 77,177,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-Roger View Post
Ozone is created by lightning strikes and electrical arcing, but is usually considered a pollutant. Are you looking for a small amount for laboratory testing?

Companies that supply industrial gasses may sell it in bottled format like the oxygen and acetylene bottles used with cutting torches.

Please read the attached link. Per the EPA, ozone is a toxic gas!

Ozone Generators that are Sold as Air Cleaners | Indoor Air | US EPA

Roger,
I believe she has a smoke aroma in a home for sale and is looking to remove it with an ozone generator.

I am under the impression that rental firms usually don't offer commercial sized generators, because of liability regarding the toxicity of ozone in enclosed areas.
I may be wrong. You might try Holland Rental, Grand Rental Station in Cary, or other rental places.

They are also used by disaster recovery companies, like Cary Reconstruction, etc.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:18 AM

Yes, Mike you are correct
I am trying to sell my Townhouse in N.Raleigh and some people have said that there is an odor in the house. Could be. I guess i became used to it and it was there when I bought it. Maybe mold? I am not sure and i really dont smell it when i walk in but that doesnt matter apparently others do. I called the firm that was recommended to me by another poster and it sounded wonderful but costs 900.00 for my sq footage.
YIKES!
They had other prices as well. But someone i know suggested to me to rent an Ozone Generator and it will remove these odors so that is why I posted this.
AND actually I am coming back down to NC from living in Bayonne, NJ and driving in and out of Manhattan every day!
Whew... let me tell you..... Manahttan... great food, shopping, clothes, fun things to do .... but NOT for me. The lifestyle up here is soooo stressful, expensive and NOBODY says hello to you on the street. LOL
I am originally from Buffalo, NY so I guess that qualifies me as a yankee but after being in Raleigh 5 yrs I guess I am "Southernfied" cause i enjoy it when people say hello to me. I like going to the dog parks, enjoy the nicer weather, better housing prices and seeing the bluebirds in the morning. i like it that everything is cleaner.
What can I say?
I am still selling my townhouse Because i want to buy something in or around Wilmington eventually. Even thought of going onto the house swap web site but for now I am going to just focus on having this house be a blessing to someone else as it has been for me!

Old 03-05-2009, 10:14 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,175,291 times
This is not the right way to handle the problem.

You really need to determine what's wrong and either fix it or sell with full disclosure.

Masking the issue may be caught in a pre-purchase inspection or might become the cause of a lawsuit if the buyer can prove you were aware and masked it.

Might be as simple as a dead rodent in the walls, but you need to know.

Would you want someone to do this to you?

Old 03-05-2009, 11:24 AM

850 posts, read 4,742,973 times
I agree with Saturn. If you're selling, you are legally obligated to determine the source of the problem or disclose that there may be one, not just cover it up. Especially if there's a mold issue. It's all likely to come up with an inspection anyway. Wouldn't you rather know what the problem is now so you can actively take care of it before scaring off potential buyers? Just my 2 cents.

But in regards to renting an ozone machine, in the apartment industry, we rent them from our carpet cleaning comanies.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:24 PM

Oh My!
I am not trying to cover anything up. I would never do that. I was told by my realtor that it was smoke as in ciggarette smoke. ( I dont smoke in the house)
With all due respect (because you gentleman do not know me) I would NEVER be deceptive to anyone about ANYTHING.
I have never been told by family or friends that there was an odor in my house. (I am a good housekeeper and very clean).
Of course there will be full disclosure, if its necessary. But you see I do not believe that the issue is of magnaminous proportions to afford that. After all I bought the house and have been very happy in it up to this point. Its all in your perception. And just a bonus... its in a great location. And if I had to do buy over again I would have bought in the same location, same place.
Nothing beats a cup o java in the early morning watching the bluebirds in the tree ~~giggle~~

At any rate gentleman I do appreciate your feedback and was able to contact someone. So I am on my way.....
God Bless.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:47 PM

850 posts, read 4,742,973 times
You sound like you're definitely not trying to purposely deceive anyone and I don't mean to suggest that, but you may be unknowingly. You say your Realtor says it's ciggarette smoke, yet you know you don't smoke in the house. And it certainly wouldn't have lingered this long from the previous owners. So you mentioned in your other post that it may be mold. If that is even a tiny thought in your mind, then it really needs to be explored. The bottom line is there is a smell that is strong enough for several people to notice and for you to want to try to temporarily remove it. This smell is coming from somewhere or something. So why don't you want to find out exactly what's causing it instead of passing a potential problem on to the next owner? Again, I'm not questioning your character at all, just hoping to give you some perspective that you may not have pondered yet.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:11 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,175,291 times
Smoke fume residue can be removed by the companies that specialize in post-fire cleanup. Have heard ads for Servpro, but there must be lots more.

I once had a car that lost its back seat to a cigarette caused fire. Found a product in a commercial janitorial supply that looked like a big Airwick and permanently eliminated the fire smell instead of covering it up.

Good luck.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:09 AM

Thanks for the feedback babytarheelz! Yes, I wouldnt do anything to be purposefully deceptive. I have my handyman working on this issue. I really dont think its mold because it was never an issue when I was living there. Now I absolutely without question have mold in this Apt in NJ that I am renting and it really is awful!
I will be back at the end of March and will be able to see for myself what the issue is if at all. I do appreciate everyone's feedback however.
Have a great day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary