Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 07:48 PM

637 posts, read 1,058,214 times

Advertisements

Too funny.... "Zoosk" is the source of dating authority now? Lol.... that site is a bedbug in the hotel of larger sites like Match.com.

The real punchline:

“We looked at 10 different factors,” he says, “Everything from age, height, religion, body types, children, previous marriage, etc.”

So if you're a certain age, height, religion etc. it means your city gets ranked down in dating?

Heheh.. What they really mean is nobody around here uses their crappy website. It sucks compared to the competition. Guess local daters are smarter than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 07:56 PM

Oh ok... It turns out it's the TBJ moron that didn't report enough facts at fault here.

This area is "the least open minded" according to that site.

Zoosk survey shows San Antonio singles are open to date people much different than themselves - San Antonio Business Journal

I guess you would be "most open minded" if you were actually 100% straight but got desperate enough to date someone of the same sex? Or you're into fitness hardcore, but will say "sure why not" to someone morbidly obese simply because you can't find anyone better? Welcome to San Antonio!

How thankful we should be Raleigh is at the opposite end of THAT meter!

My god these ranking propaganda articles are moronic.

I can confirm there are no dating issues around here

Last edited by jmcstef; 04-15-2014 at 09:23 PM..

Old 04-15-2014, 08:32 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
it took 50 minutes from the time this "oh, hey - look what came across the google search for "Raleigh" article" was published until it appeared on triangle citydata.

it took another 5 hours for someone to partially read the article, realize how inane the subject of the "study" was, and blame it on the reporter, not the originating website.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
it took 50 minutes from the time this "oh, hey - look what came across the google search for "Raleigh" article" was published until it appeared on triangle citydata.

it took another 5 hours for someone to partially read the article, realize how inane the subject of the "study" was, and blame it on the reporter, not the originating website.
Lol!

For the record, I would like to say it only took me 4.75 hours to read the article

Old 04-15-2014, 08:41 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
personally, if single, I'd print the article out and use it whenever necessary. "Yeah, but toots, if you don't pick me, it only goes downhill from here!"

Old 04-15-2014, 08:45 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,282,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I too was surprised took so long to show up here on city-data. Clearly somebody was asleep at the wheel!

Ps-
You haven't seen the Forbes list that ranks Morrisville as one of the top places for millennials to move yet have you!

Old 04-15-2014, 09:38 PM

1,965 posts, read 3,309,419 times
Not a surprise really, the area appeals to couples with children. My instinct tells me its also better for the women, too.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
Not a surprise really, the area appeals to couples with children. My instinct tells me its also better for the women, too.
Heh! Someone read the first post only.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecomet View Post
I had a discussion last week with a 29 year old attractive young single lady about this subject. She is a southern girl but not a NC native, college graduate, excellent job, Christian, attends church regularly, not a big party girl, but enjoys the local night life, currently live in Raleigh, etc. She advised that Raleigh was a very good city for her in regards to dating! I believe her more than some survey. FWIW I am happily married, not related to this young lady, a lot older than 29 and this conversation took place at a organized lunch meeting.
Not surprised she enjoys Raleigh then. If someone doesn't fit that profile, they're better off elsewhere.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcstef View Post
Heh! Someone read the first post only.
Oh, I read all of you guys' hyper-defensive posts. I was just expressing my own views on the matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary