Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 10:44 AM

750 posts, read 853,717 times

Advertisements

Hi
When we move in July I am told that they will be our insurance provider.

Anyway what I needed to ask was does anyone have a pediatrician that they love in the North Raleigh area and that is accepted by BCBS? I would like to make contact with a Dr for my kids before we get there.

TIA

Edited to say - any views on Raleigh Pediatrics, Growing Child or Stepping Stones? They all appear to be accepted according to their website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 11:12 AM

135 posts, read 269,234 times
My children go to Pediatric Partners, they just moved to a new building near Six Forks and Lynn Rd. We haven't had to go very much (we've only been here two years), but their well child visits have gone smoothly, and the one time I can remember needing a quick appointment for a finger infection right before vacation they were very easy to deal with, and got us right in. They take BCBS. It's not a huge practice, maybe two doctors and a PA or two. My neighbor reccommended them to us, so that's another vote for them, right?

Good luck with your move!

Old 04-16-2014, 11:17 AM

105 posts, read 155,973 times
We have BCBS have 5 years visiting Growing Child Pediatrics wich also have an office at North Raleigh Área. I definnitely love it. Is on 270 Horizon Drive. Here's the link:
Growing Child -- Locations

I love the fact that the Have express care locations. Wich you can go after hours and on weekend, so you don't have to wait until Monday or go to the ER for something simple.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:20 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,332,382 times
I think pretty much all doctors in the Triangle will take Blue Cross Blue Shield — at least I have never run across one that doesn't, unless they just don't take insurance at all (very few of those). BCBS administers the State Health Plan and are probably the biggest insurer in the state.

Don't have a recommendation for you specifically, but just wanted to let you know that you shouldn't have any issues finding a practice that will accept BCBS.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:26 AM

750 posts, read 853,717 times
Thanks poppydog - I suspected that it was a big one and thought it would be well accepted which was why I didn't really understand why people said I needed to check health insurance before choosing a dr.

So at growing child and pediatric partners do you have a specific Dr for your kids or do you just see any of the Drs ?

Old 04-16-2014, 12:36 PM

129 posts, read 178,972 times
North Raleigh Peds off of Creedmoor is amazing!!!! They are open 7 days a week and they will get you in right away if your little one is sick.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:23 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,574,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hhlebiczki View Post
North Raleigh Peds off of Creedmoor is amazing!!!! They are open 7 days a week and they will get you in right away if your little one is sick.
I'll second this recommendation. We've been using them for seven years and have only had positive experiences.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:47 PM

826 posts, read 1,932,512 times
We go to Pediatric Partners and love it. I was looking for a smaller practice just so we wouldn't "get lost in the mix." We went for an interview and loved Dr. Walker, who is our primary but like Dr. Brenneman a lot too. He's been practicing in the area for ages and actually started either North Raleigh Peds or Raleigh Pediatric Associates before wanting to be in a smaller practice again. They just added a third physician and have an NP working there as well. Dr. Brenneman is full-time and Dr. Walker and the new doc are part time. Dr. Brenneman is a very hard worker - he sees patients on Saturdays and Sundays as well for a half day.

We've been really happy with the practice. Their new location (which is not that far from Brier Creek/Leesville - 10 min or so) is nice and open, lots of space. We are happy enough that we will continue to go there even though they moved further away from us!

Old 04-16-2014, 02:57 PM

110 posts, read 204,156 times
We have used Growing Child for quite a few years - that being said when we moved last year we chose Stepping Stones and have been very happy. It was just a better fit for us

Old 04-16-2014, 03:00 PM

135 posts, read 269,234 times
So at growing child and pediatric partners do you have a specific Dr for your kids or do you just see any of the Drs ?[/quote]

We've just seen whoever was available, I like both the doctors at Pediatric Partners. We don't know them well, just because my kids don't get sick much, but I have had no problems with them. I'm sure if we went more often and wanted to stick with one doctor that would be doable. I do like that it's a small practice, someone actually answers the phone when you call!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary