Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 06:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,140 times

Advertisements

Hi, we are relocating from NY this summer and of course are looking for a house in the Research Triangle's "Containment Area...."

Does anyone have any tips about nice subdivisions? I've heard about Preston but those aren't new homes. Then I saw "Creekside" but I'm not sure if it's too noisy because of the Morrisville Pkwy.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 06:58 PM

22,666 posts, read 36,764,249 times
DDMS covers quite a large area and I'm not sure Creekside is part of it. I'm pretty sure it's not but I could be wrong. At any rate, some subdivisions that have historically been zoned for DDMS are:
Wellsley
Berkley
West Park
Riggsbee Farm
Carramore
Preston Village
MacArthur Park
Park Village

None of these are new so I'm not sure if your header means new construction or just new to you.

Pretty good price range there. Morrisville Parkway is not a parkway in the sense that you may be used to being from NY. It's a 2 lane road.

Where in NY are you coming from? What's your price range?

Old 04-23-2014, 07:30 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,984,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
DDMS covers quite a large area and I'm not sure Creekside is part of it. I'm pretty sure it's not but I could be wrong. At any rate, some subdivisions that have historically been zoned for DDMS are:
Wellsley
Berkley
West Park
Riggsbee Farm
Carramore
Preston Village
MacArthur Park
Park Village

None of these are new so I'm not sure if your header means new construction or just new to you.

Pretty good price range there. Morrisville Parkway is not a parkway in the sense that you may be used to being from NY. It's a 2 lane road.

Where in NY are you coming from? What's your price range?
Yeah - what Twingles said. Except...Morrisville Parkway is a 4 lane road (with a median in the middle).

Is Creekside that little street that they're wedging in behind/next to Preston Village? My guess is that it would be zoned for either GHES or Carpenter ES, and they both feed into DDMS.

Is there a reason you want new construction?

Old 04-23-2014, 07:42 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,337,486 times
Whitebridge is another subdivision assigned to Davis as well as Upchurch Farms. I believe Weatherstone Elementary school feeds to Davis to there are several neighborhoods east of Davis drive that would also land you at Davis Middle.

There are new townhome being built next to the school - Collins Cove, I believe is the name. Not sure when they will be done and I do not think they are part of the school assignments yet.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:59 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
http://wwwgis2.wcpss.net/pdf_maps/BA...A_2013_391.pdf
There's the 2013-2014 base assignment area map for DDMS.
It's pretty built out, and not much new construction to be had.

Yes, Creekside at Olde Carpenter is designated for DDMS.
GHES, DDMS, GHHS
The farther down Carpenter Creek Lane you go, the farther you are from Morrisville Parkway.
But, it is not a long street.
And the available lots are closer to the entrance.

You might also look in Olde Carpenter. There is one new build left.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:22 PM

Doh, I always get Morrisville Parkway mixed up with Morrisville Carpenter for some reason. I was thinking of Preston Creekside - isn't there such a thing?

Anyway - those condos that they've been planning to build behind Davis Drive Elementary - I know the elementary school is planning on them being assigned there but not expecting a lot of kids. Can't remember where I saw the projection.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:33 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Doh, I always get Morrisville Parkway mixed up with Morrisville Carpenter for some reason. I was thinking of Preston Creekside - isn't there such a thing?

Anyway - those condos that they've been planning to build behind Davis Drive Elementary - I know the elementary school is planning on them being assigned there but not expecting a lot of kids. Can't remember where I saw the projection.
Preston Creekside is over off Kudrow Lane, and is a series of low-priced quad-condo buildings.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:33 AM

^^^ Yeah, those are the ones I'm thinking of. Two much overlap in names around here. I'll never keep Park West Village straight from Parkside Commons and then there's West Park subdivision...

Old 04-24-2014, 05:40 AM

580 posts, read 711,626 times
I think Weatherstone neighborhood goes to West Cary MS.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:11 AM

525 posts, read 1,297,596 times
Just keep in mind school assignments can change. If you only have 1 kid finishing up middle school, then you'd probably be safe. But if you have younger siblings who will start middle school in the coming years they may or may not end up at Davis Drive regardless of where the address is assigned now. It's certainly possible that it won't change, but just something to remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary