Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 12:08 PM

4,304 posts, read 5,990,141 times

Advertisements

Car service Uber has launched in Raleigh with its lower-tier UberX. First five rides under $40 through May 15 are free.

- RALEIGH, YOUR FREE UBERX IS ARRIVING NOW!

- Uber Raleigh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 12:44 PM

246 posts, read 627,295 times
I was able to use the service in Philly and it was great. Quick, convenient and nice vehicles

Old 04-24-2014, 12:51 PM

613 posts, read 746,389 times
Driver-less cars and buses are on the way. I think it'll change things a lot. Certainly make the light rail nonsense seem very last century.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:08 PM

1,521 posts, read 2,765,612 times
LOVE uber. This is huge.

Old 04-25-2014, 05:42 AM

5,885 posts, read 6,955,799 times
TBJ is reporting that Lyft is also here now
Uber, Lyft enter competitive ride-share market in Raleigh - Triangle Business Journal

Old 04-25-2014, 08:05 AM

32 posts, read 43,369 times
Used Uber extensively during a business trip to Boston. Loved just doing everything on my phone and not needing to take the time to pay with a credit card at the end of the trips.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:09 PM

2,905 posts, read 5,922,537 times
This intrigues me, but I don't want to be "that guy" that gets into the car with an unbeknownst-yet mass murderer and find out the hard way. I know it's a slim chance but that part of my brain goes there and doesn't want to un-go there.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:43 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,422,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
This intrigues me, but I don't want to be "that guy" that gets into the car with an unbeknownst-yet mass murderer and find out the hard way. I know it's a slim chance but that part of my brain goes there and doesn't want to un-go there.

To maintain the Uber standard you expect, all drivers pass Uber’s rigorous screening process. In order to be an uberX driver in Raleigh, drivers must pass:

A stringent background check
A driving history check
Ongoing quality controls
As always, your safety and satisfaction remain our highest priority. All Uber rides are backed by the driver’s insurance policy as well as our corporate insurance policy, and you will always have the option to rate every driver and contribute to the quality with your feedback

If that doesn't make you feel better, get a CHL and carry a gun. You can't live your life with such fear. Uberx is a great company and very convenient.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:46 PM

2,905 posts, read 5,922,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
To maintain the Uber standard you expect, all drivers pass Uber’s rigorous screening process. In order to be an uberX driver in Raleigh, drivers must pass:

A stringent background check
A driving history check
Ongoing quality controls
As always, your safety and satisfaction remain our highest priority. All Uber rides are backed by the driver’s insurance policy as well as our corporate insurance policy, and you will always have the option to rate every driver and contribute to the quality with your feedback

If that doesn't make you feel better, get a CHL and carry a gun. You can't live your life with such fear. Uberx is a great company and very convenient.
I don't live in fear. If you knew me you'd know that. It was just the first place my mind went. Didn't say I would never try it out or even consider becoming a driver for the service. It was just a funny place my mind went at first thought.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:50 PM

454 posts, read 495,518 times
I thought the same thing at first. But I used them a couple of times in SF and they were fantastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary