Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2007, 11:45 AM

153 posts, read 459,882 times

Advertisements

My neighbor said they use Aprils Cleaning, which I have seen many times, and that they run $95 each cleaning, and she has them come in twice a month. I have never had a cleaning service, so not sure what is customary. We are in Holly Springs...any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 12:23 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,030,382 times
I think it depends on the type of service. If you go with a larger cleaning company they usually have things set based on what you want them to do, which rooms you want cleaned etc. My neighbors had april's she thought they were okay, she wasn't thrilled with them though.

Going with someone who is in business for themselves sometimes is a little better. You pay more if you only have them clean once a month. We have someone come every two weeks, but we have had her cleaning for almost 4 years, and we only pay 80 every two weeks. In our house, she cleans 3 bedrooms, 3 1/2 bathrooms, bonus room, kitchen, living room, laundry room, formal, eat in, dining room. I feel like we are getting a deal, and I know she is charging he new clients more.

Anyhow, you can guess around 90 every two weeks............

Leigh

Old 12-10-2007, 01:52 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,676,988 times
Does it depend on the size of your house primarily, or how much done needed between cleanings. And exactly what services does a housekeeping service perform? Do they do windows? Toilets? Bathtubs and showers? Sinks? Vacuuming? Sweeping? What is fair game and what do they generally not do?

Old 12-10-2007, 01:56 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,687,108 times
It couldn't hurt to interview and get a few quotes. From there you will understand how each person/company charges and what each specifically charges for.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:01 PM

6 posts, read 21,202 times
We are paying 120/month for a 3500 sq ft home. We are going through an independent employee. She does it all - this cost cover the usual plus laundry,changing sheet, taking out trash, cleaning fridge, oven, microwave and any other misc items that we happen to find each month.

I researched some larger companies and just could not beat this deal. The larger companies also require that the person come to you home x amount of time per month - which sometimes we really dont need.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:21 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,676,988 times
Do you just have the person come once a month, packlitely?

Old 12-12-2007, 07:12 AM

718 posts, read 2,972,254 times
I have used large cleaning services in the past and they didn't do a very good job imo. They rushed to get to the next house and missed alot. I used to pay 94.00 per week. Now I have a private cleaning woman I found on craigslist and I pay her 60.00 per week. I have 4 beds, 3 bath, bonus, office, LR, DR, FR, kitchen. She changes the sheets and starts the laundry. She does a great job. (sorry, I can't give out her info)

Old 12-14-2007, 01:49 AM

1,166 posts, read 3,909,641 times
I agree with slynn that it is better to go with an individual rather than with a cleaning service. When I had a cleaning service, I never had the same people twice in a row and I felt that they were very careless with my home. Now that I have an individual, we have gotten to know each other, she knows my house and I am totally satisfied with her work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary