Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2014, 02:39 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,239,150 times

Advertisements

Anyone had any experience with M/I Homes in Triangle. they are building patio homes in Flowers Plantation, Clayton. Look pretty nice. Advertise maintenance free living. Appreciate any information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 08:51 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,840,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecomet View Post
Anyone had any experience with M/I Homes in Triangle. they are building patio homes in Flowers Plantation, Clayton. Look pretty nice. Advertise maintenance free living. Appreciate any information
I have inspected several of them, and have no complaints. There will always be house maintenance to do, but I assume they mean grounds and such.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
I have inspected several of them, and have no complaints. There will always be house maintenance to do, but I assume they mean grounds and such.
Yes, the lawn maintenance is the reference I made. I am interested in anyone's experience with a M/I built home. They look well built. I just wonder about the long term quality of a M/I built home. Thanks for any recommendations.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:12 PM

242 posts, read 1,213,389 times
I assume you are referring to the Long Leaf subdivision. We bought one of the homes in Mid to late 2012 so were amongst the first 5 or 6 homeowners. We had some issues during the process as most folks probably will during new construction in new subdivision, but MI has definitely gone out of their way to show they are customer service focused. The MI sales rep here was wonderful and owns and lives in a home here as well. Overall they have a good reputation and we are overall happy with the process, the home and the neighborhood. This particular subdivision has attracted mostly empty nest-ers and senior buyers who all seem to be friendly, neighborly and extremely social, so from that perspective it's been a wonderful experience so far. The lawn maintenance is included in the HOA fees which are a bit on the high side, however, that also includes full club membership, so there is a lot for the money if you take advantage of the club. Feel free to DM me with more specific questions about the subdivision.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:41 AM

Thanks Andy. that is what I was looking for. I agree the monthly HOA dues are steep. Currently $191.50/month plus a one time "capital contribution fee of $1,000.00. You would definitely have to take advantage of the Pineville Club Spa and Fitness Center. Thanks again for the input.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:50 AM

207 posts, read 433,386 times
My family lives in Pineville East and the entire Flowers area is great!

Old 08-04-2014, 03:34 PM

454 posts, read 495,518 times
I live in an M/I home. It's 12ish years old. In the past 12 months, the microwave has broken (obviously not the builder's fault but it came with the freshly built house), there was a pipe leak thanks to an improperly installed toilet, we had to replace the water heater and one the air conditioners was replaced a second time.

There are some cracks in a couple of the walls above doors, too.

Maybe I just got lucky or maybe 12 is the new 30? heh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary