Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 04:37 PM

122 posts, read 151,475 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone. We love the new homes with all the features! We want to live in a safe area and also where there is shops and restaurants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 04:39 PM

I have seen home builders like Centex, but don't know much about each builder. Wanted to talk with people who have experience with a particular area of new homes.

I would love my son to make friendships and be in a community where there are kids to play with!

Old 05-23-2014, 04:43 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
There are TONS of new homes under $300,000 in desirable areas.

Plenty of them in Clayton, which is Johnston County.

Plenty of them in Wake Forest, Cary, Holly Spring, Fuquay Varina.

You'd need to make your criteria a bit clearer but if you are only looking for new with good schools, I'd definitely say there are plenty!

Vicki
Huh?

Tons of new homes under 300k in Cary? Single family homes?

I hate to think of where they are located.

Ditto Wake Forest.

Old 05-23-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenloveralways View Post
Thanks everyone. We love the new homes with all the features! We want to live in a safe area and also where there is shops and restaurants.
Do you all have jobs here or are you paying cash? If you don't need jobs, I guess you can live just about anywhere. If you have jobs, you need to consider your commute.

Homes that are less than 10 years old will typically have "new features."

Not much has changed in homebuildling around here in the last 10 years or so.

ETA: There is no shortage of shops and restaurants around here. This is suburbia to the nth degree.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:25 PM

We are not sure exactly where we will be working… My husband will probably be working in Durham. Definitely looking for a place where there is a strong sense of community… Lots to do. We love being outside! Being from California… We want to live in a community where our son actually play outside or have friends close by! I have seen some of the newer homes and they look wonderful. They have lots of amenities… What love to hear from some that have seen them or live in them. Thank you so much

Old 05-23-2014, 09:38 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Huh?

Tons of new homes under 300k in Cary? Single family homes?

I hate to think of where they are located.

Ditto Wake Forest.
No, I said there are tons of new homes in desirable areas.

In Cary, there are very few neighborhoods with brand new homes but they are there. Kitts Creek has some. There is also a new n'hood close by called The Courtyards of Cary (or something similar).

In Wake Forest, there are quite a few brand new homes in Heritage. I consider Heritage one of the most desirable neighborhoods in Wake Forest.

Meh, most of my clients are under the $300,000 range. Yes, I have some that buy $800,000 homes but the majority of them are under $300,000 and we find beautiful homes for them. Isn't the average in our area $225,000?

Last edited by RedZin; 05-24-2014 at 09:07 PM..

Old 05-23-2014, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
No, I said there are tons of new homes in desirable areas.

In Cary, there are very few neighborhoods with brand new homes but they are there. Kitts Creek has some. There is also a new n'hood close by called The Courtyards of Cary (or something similar).

In Wake Forest, there are quite a few brand new homes in Heritage. I consider Heritage one of the most desirable neighborhoods in Wake Forest.

Meh, most of my clients are under the $300,000 range. Yes, I have some that buy $800,000 homes but the majority of them are under $300,000 and we find beautiful homes for them. Isn't the average in our area $225,000?

Vicki
I think it's somewhere in that ballpark, but that's all homes, not just new ones.

Btw, Kitts Creek is in Morrisville.

Heritage seems to have a small number of homes (5, actually) around 2k sq ft that are under 300k, barely.

Certainly, the majority of homes listed there are 400k plus.

I'm not saying there are NO new homes under 300k. Just was surprised that there are TONS of new, single family homes under 300k in neighborhoods like the OP described.

If the OP had simply asked for ANY homes under 300k, my response would have been different.

Also, if her husband is likely to be working in Durham, I would not think Heritage would be a top contender, nice though it may be.

Last edited by RedZin; 05-23-2014 at 10:35 PM..

Old 05-23-2014, 10:55 PM

How far is the heritage area where the nice homes are from Durham? It's so hard when we don't know the area. Thank you so much

Old 05-23-2014, 11:26 PM

I just watched a video on Heritage. It is so beautiful! That's the kind of place we would want to buy!

Old 05-24-2014, 02:22 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenloveralways View Post
I just watched a video on Heritage. It is so beautiful! That's the kind of place we would want to buy!
Having once lived in Los Angeles, the temptation to leave is understandable.

Please be aware that the quality of life in the RDU area is dropping like a stone. From when we came in 1989 from New Orleans, this area is deteriorating badly.

The hardheaded fools in Wake County have not embraced rail transit even though the Republicans in the legislature are trying to sucker businesses and residents in to the state.

The road system is a sick joke with poorly designed highways that are almost 100% unlighted.

Wake County schools are in an upheaval with many good teachers exiting.

The current legislature is bigoted and has done some heavy tax hits favoring business and the rich over working people.

Many new construction homes are pure junk and will bleed maintenance in only a few years.

Be sure this will be a step up for you. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary