Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 05:02 AM

84 posts, read 131,854 times

Advertisements

Any area around RTP known for good schools, clean water and good food/ produce (organic or local) altogether?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 02:26 PM

1,037 posts, read 1,380,694 times
There are quite a few areas in and around the Triangle that have all of those things you're looking for. It may be better to give us a little more info so that we can be of more assistance. What kind of home are you looking for (apartment, condo, town home, detached)? What's you're price range? Do you want an urban or rural feel to where you live? Where are you going to be working and what kind of commute (distance, time, availability of public transit, etc) are you going for?

The answers to these questions (and likely a few more) will give the helpful folks around here a little more ease in being helpful :-)

Old 05-23-2014, 05:13 PM

621 posts, read 982,421 times
That criteria can be met pretty much anywhere in the towns surrounding RTP. If you want a Wake county school, you can live in Cary/ Morrisville and have a short commute to RTP.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:39 PM

5,888 posts, read 6,955,799 times
Imp: ??

Old 05-23-2014, 06:04 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,677,993 times
Clean water??

Old 05-23-2014, 08:18 PM

Imp = important.
Clean water = hydrogen monoxide and only hydrogen monoxide.

Now I am wondering if RTP made it to a list of desirable boondocks.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:18 AM

84 posts, read 131,854 times
Thanks for your prompt responses.

Clarifying ....

1. Need an apartment/condo, preferably within a community. Greener the landscape and cleaner the air, the better.
2. Clean water without pollutants/toxic additions (like lead from pipes or seepage of industrial waste into ground water resources).
3. Within a few miles of Kit Creek Road, in the vicinity of good schools
4. Availability of good agricultural produce minus pesticides/ fertilizer residue (can drive upto 5-7 miles to get to it, in case a place has all of the 3 above)

I know zilch about the area, kindly bear me out on my ignorance .... ?

Old 05-24-2014, 05:29 AM

5,888 posts, read 6,955,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by local2rtp View Post
Imp = important.
Clean water = hydrogen monoxide and only hydrogen monoxide..
Glad it was important - I would hate to read an unimportant thread.

Isn't it actually Dihydrogen Monoxide ?

Old 05-24-2014, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh Saab View Post
Thanks for your prompt responses.

Clarifying ....

1. Need an apartment/condo, preferably within a community. Greener the landscape and cleaner the air, the better.
2. Clean water without pollutants/toxic additions (like lead from pipes or seepage of industrial waste into ground water resources).
3. Within a few miles of Kit Creek Road, in the vicinity of good schools
4. Availability of good agricultural produce minus pesticides/ fertilizer residue (can drive upto 5-7 miles to get to it, in case a place has all of the 3 above)

I know zilch about the area, kindly bear me out on my ignorance .... ?
From your questions, I would hazard a guess and say that you are not currently living in the USA.

1. The air is nowhere like in parts of China, India, etc. You can breathe easy, literally and figuratively, on this count. All apartments here are in communities, usually with amenities like tennis courts, pool, etc. Landscape is green, and very green in spring.

2. No chance of that happening. Water utilities are held to standards which do not fully exist in emerging economies. You are not going to see factories spewing pollutants and discharging effluents (there is a nuclear plant nearby but let me not worry you on that count).

3. The apartments closest to Kit Creek would put you in Durham county. It's not that Durham public schools are a disaster, but I would prefer to go with Wake county public schools (WCPSS). If you want to go with WCPSS, look at apartments in Morrisville. There is a community on Church St and another at the corner of Davis Drive and McCrimmon Parkway. These apartments are a few minutes from Kit Creek.

4. As with #2, you can expect fresh and healthy produce from the umpteen grocery stores in the area as well as at the local farmers' market. You can even grow your own if you rent an apartment on the first level or a townhome.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Glad it was important - I would hate to read an unimportant thread.

Isn't it actually Dihydrogen Monoxide ?
My claims to scientific literacy are tenuous at best so I had to rely on Wiki: Dihydrogen monoxide hoax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wish all threads had an "imp" prefix. I could actually claim to be working on imp stuff and legitimize my time on the net.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary