Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 09:08 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,547,845 times

Advertisements

I have had some decent luck at rack room shoes - there are limited choices, but I have found wide sizes.

zappos has many more options -- you can order a few different pairs and have your child try one on to choose which one, and get the rest returned. if you time it right, you won't have two-four pairs of sneakers sitting on your credit card as it rolls from one billing cycle to the next...

:-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 03:18 PM

5,884 posts, read 6,950,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnerMama View Post
I agree...New Balance. There was a store in Pleasant Valley. We bought our first pair there and then started buying them online.
That store was the one that told me NB makes shoes with two different "box size". One allows the 4E width that I need for my duck feet. I bought my first pair there, then went online. One bad thing - my shoe was later discontinued. The "replacement" model did fine, but then it was discontinued. The next replacement was also fine, but the 4th replacement seems different than the other ones. It may be time for a store visit again.

Old 05-30-2014, 03:39 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,475,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
That store was the one that told me NB makes shoes with two different "box size". One allows the 4E width that I need for my duck feet. I bought my first pair there, then went online. One bad thing - my shoe was later discontinued. The "replacement" model did fine, but then it was discontinued. The next replacement was also fine, but the 4th replacement seems different than the other ones. It may be time for a store visit again.
Lol! This is exactly the shape of my sons feet! Triangles.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:53 AM

750 posts, read 853,761 times
Anyone know where to get very narrow shoes for 9/10 year old boys. His feet are very long but very narrow.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:52 PM

475 posts, read 900,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegotty View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions! I have bought New Balance for him in the past and they will work but he always wears holes in them at the widest part of his foot very quickly after buying them. The only shoes that haven't done this are the Stride Rite's. I'll give Nordstrom a try first and then go back to New Balance if they don't fit well.
I have bought over a dozen NB pairs for my kids and I and have found they vary in quality as of late.I know we have had trouble with the 608's (black) wearing out at the heal (on the inside ) although the white ones seem fine. . I have heard they are some styles made in the US (but not many), perhaps they are of greater quality and will last longer .

Old 06-04-2014, 02:55 PM

814 posts, read 2,006,886 times
Second Rec for Mobley's. They are VERY customer oriented there…and will work with you. To save time, call them first and ask!

Old 06-04-2014, 09:33 PM

2 posts, read 1,568 times
If you have never been to SRI, I highly recommend it. It's a factory full of shoes on display and they get shipments of wide shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary