Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 09:06 AM

26 posts, read 26,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbmartin View Post
Wake County has traffic jams but parking space is plentiful.

You may be delighted to find our supermarkets spacious, clean, and brightly-lit compared to those of NYC.
You may be annoyed to find that we have to pay sales tax on food.

yes a great parking space is very important to us seeing as how where we are currently located in the Bronx it is sucky...once we are home we DO NOT dare leave lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalRed View Post
Bexley at Heritage is a nice complex in Wake Forest. Check out Muirfield Village as well it's in North Raleigh can walk to shopping and close to 540-can get some traffic but will be a joke from what you are used to.
ok cool thanks...what about Hunting Ridge Apartments in Raleigh?

Oh yes traffic up here is terrible lol

Old 05-29-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey2Raleigh View Post
I always do a search by Google maps.... I could eat pizza 7 days a week...
yes I can too I love pizza

Old 05-29-2014, 10:19 AM

715 posts, read 888,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by della2486 View Post
ok cool thanks...what about Hunting Ridge Apartments in Raleigh?

Oh yes traffic up here is terrible lol
You should be fine at Hunting Ridge- I play golf at North Ridge so know the place pretty well-good luck with the move.

Old 05-29-2014, 06:36 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,821,323 times
Hunting Ridge is a nice location and centrally-located, but it really is a shame that they can't even tell you where he'll be working, as it's quite an expansive region and you could shorten your commute by a half hour each way by knowing this.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:14 PM

31 posts, read 37,615 times
And I just found a Brooklyn Boy's Pizzeria in Cary...!

Old 05-29-2014, 07:18 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Quote:
Names can be deceiving. I've never eaten there, though.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Hunting Ridge is a nice location and centrally-located, but it really is a shame that they can't even tell you where he'll be working, as it's quite an expansive region and you could shorten your commute by a half hour each way by knowing this.
yes and that is my issue i do not want a long commute..I already commute over an hour now most days...i spoke with him again and he said he wont know literally up until a position opens up and it can be in any store within the areas i listed...I guess we are going to have to stay centrally located and Ill have to apply to jobs close to where we live...he said he does not mind the commute but i still would like for us to shorten our commute times

Old 05-30-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
i will def have to try that out

Old 05-30-2014, 10:21 AM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,354,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by della2486 View Post
yes and that is my issue i do not want a long commute..I already commute over an hour now most days...i spoke with him again and he said he wont know literally up until a position opens up and it can be in any store within the areas i listed...I guess we are going to have to stay centrally located and Ill have to apply to jobs close to where we live...he said he does not mind the commute but i still would like for us to shorten our commute times
I would look into apartments in the general vicinity of each possible work location, then get a lease once he knows the destination. You could then use the apartment as a base when scouting out homes closer to the work location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary