Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 09:12 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,772,563 times

Advertisements

UNC had a coach working as and with an agent for players. UNC had known drug dealers giving players cars. UNC had a 20 year scheme of fake classes and grade changes to keep players eligible. The list goes on and on. The scale of the fraud and corruption at UNC is unprecedented. And they are still in denial/PR mode, not owning up to the cheating. And then you have fans like the above that think the main takeaway is that UNC was stupid to get caught.

THE CAROLINA WAY

Old 06-14-2014, 12:03 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,197,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris75 View Post
I was responding to the comments in this thread. NC State alums need to focus their attention in-house. There are some real academic issues there that need to be addressed. This UNC academics "scandal" is a media sideshow. Meanwhile, NC State steadily falls each year in the academic rankings, and nobody shows any concern.
Academic rankings... I don't know that UNCs degrees have any credibility. Despite State's academic rating, their undergrads can expect to earn more than UNC's. What's more important to you?

And LOL at UNC. The "Carolina way" is a scam. The UNC-led BOG ensured State's irrelevance in the late 80's for much less egregious "violations". Any Carolina fan making excuses for their dirty program should be summarily dismissed as a hypocrite.

Best Schools Southeast - 2013 - 2014 College Salary Report

Old 06-14-2014, 05:34 PM

6,379 posts, read 5,495,991 times
Dire Wolf is such an appropriate yet ironic name.

At least most of my State friends were man enough to admit that the reason they hate Carolina so much is because they didn't get in.

(insert some anecdotal reference to being lifelong state fan/ my brother's best friend's half-niece got into Carolina but went to State instead because she wanted to be an engineer reference here)

NC State is a high quality public university and an asset to North Carolina; but their fanbase is, again, insufferably delusional.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post

NC State is a high quality public university and an asset to North Carolina; but their fanbase is, again, insufferably delusional.
Sounds like UNC fans have a lot in common with them then. With the exception that most UNC fans couldn't get into community college.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:54 AM

451 posts, read 1,157,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
UNC had a coach working as and with an agent for players. UNC had known drug dealers giving players cars. UNC had a 20 year scheme of fake classes and grade changes to keep players eligible. The list goes on and on. The scale of the fraud and corruption at UNC is unprecedented. And they are still in denial/PR mode, not owning up to the cheating. And then you have fans like the above that think the main takeaway is that UNC was stupid to get caught.

THE CAROLINA WAY
It might be time to switch to decaf.

Old 06-15-2014, 09:42 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,279,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kids_Dentist View Post
It might be time to switch to decaf.
All the Raleigh News & Observers needs to do is redirect 1/10 of the energy used to focus on UNC academic woes towards Hillsborough St. and they'd easily discover enough fraud, bogus classes and tutor "supported" course work to keep the editorial section and NCAA investigators occupied for the next 10 years.

However, it's really a nonstory nationally and would only warrant enough interest to make print adjacent to the comic section given how insignificant and inept the athletic department has become in wolf land. Therefore I do understand taking delight in UNC's current issues....everybody needs something to celebrate.

Old 06-15-2014, 11:31 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
All the Raleigh News & Observers needs to do is redirect 1/10 of the energy used to focus on UNC academic woes towards Hillsborough St. and they'd easily discover enough fraud, bogus classes and tutor "supported" course work to keep the editorial section and NCAA investigators occupied for the next 10 years.

However, it's really a nonstory nationally and would only warrant enough interest to make print adjacent to the comic section given how insignificant and inept the athletic department has become in wolf land. Therefore I do understand taking delight in UNC's current issues....everybody needs something to celebrate.
You have DOCUMENTED lack of internal control at Chapel Hill, yet people want to POINT FINGERS at another school?!

Get your straight in your own house, before worrying about other schools. Good god.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post

Lolz.

What year did you graduate from UNC again??

Old 06-15-2014, 02:44 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,772,563 times
Deflect, deflect, deflect

Old 06-17-2014, 01:46 PM

413 posts, read 437,991 times
Cow college fans my word.....them and UK fans have been up in arms. Alot of things still aren't known but that doesn't stop the speculation and such I think some are really hoping and wishing the worst to be true kinda pathetic but that's them. I do worry for there health if things turn out a different way some might commit sucide over it. One last thing I wouldn't take what Kentucky fans say about the scandal seriously for them to even talk about someone else cheating is laughable I mean this is a school that admitted Eric Bledsoe somebody who could barely speak proper English.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary