Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:15 AM

4 posts, read 13,352 times

Advertisements

hey jlr2008, is that the stonehenge apartments near crabtree?? I HEART ZIPPY's! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 11:01 PM

7 posts, read 28,295 times
actually Aloha Moes is no longer in business...however if you want hawaiian food, there is a very active hawaii club, here is their website: Ka Pu'uwai 'O Hawai'i - Hawaii Club of NC

They have monthly potlucks and i think their next one is 5/3. Check the site for details.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:38 AM

33 posts, read 83,517 times
I miss the Hawaiian plate lunch's at L&L and some of the other Hawaiian BBQ places I used to eat at in California (there's a good small one in Oakland I used to go to). I could go for a loco moco right about now!

Old 11-15-2008, 03:37 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,754,355 times
Default Reviving this in search for some good

Teriyaki Steaks. I know this can also be Korean. But my favorite Hawaiian Cafe in Portland, Noho's, made these "Hawaiian Style". They are sooooo good and when my iron level dips I crave these. Any resturant I can get something like this or any other Hawaiian food??? Noho's had something called Ono Chicken that was FAB too.... any idea where I can get that.

THANK YOU!!!

Old 11-15-2008, 04:14 PM

455 posts, read 918,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblueDude View Post
actually Aloha Moes is no longer in business...however if you want hawaiian food, there is a very active hawaii club, here is their website: Ka Pu'uwai 'O Hawai'i - Hawaii Club of NC

They have monthly potlucks and i think their next one is 5/3. Check the site for details.
Aloha Moes is still in business I believe. We had them cater for us at work a few months ago.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:30 PM

1 posts, read 6,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvinegal View Post
L&L is a great Hawaiian fast-food chain... cheap and good. I guess there aren't any in Raleigh?
L&L is not even close to being Hawaiian food!

Old 12-08-2010, 10:33 PM

376 posts, read 1,062,084 times
Sure it is, Onedayrust! L&L began in 1976 in Honolulu and specializes in the Hawaiian plate lunch. I assure you that this type of food is abundant in Hawaii, served in countless other restaurants there.

"The traditional Hawaiian plate lunch consists of two servings of rice, a serving of macaroni salad, and features a generous serving of a hot entrée (a smaller “mini” version of the traditional plate lunch consists of one serving of rice, a serving of macaroni salad, and a small serving of a hot entrée). L&L Hawaiian Barbecue’s unique meal composition and signature brand of Asian and American fusion cuisine has helped it to stand out from the others that offer Hawaiian style cuisine."

Old 12-11-2010, 05:28 PM

242 posts, read 795,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGMayor View Post
Aloha Moes is still in business I believe. We had them cater for us at work a few months ago.
The last I knew his business closed but he still caters from home. When I belonged to the Hawaii Club, he was still a member.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:07 AM

1 posts, read 6,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvinegal View Post
Sure it is, Onedayrust! L&L began in 1976 in Honolulu and specializes in the Hawaiian plate lunch. I assure you that this type of food is abundant in Hawaii, served in countless other restaurants there.

"The traditional Hawaiian plate lunch consists of two servings of rice, a serving of macaroni salad, and features a generous serving of a hot entrée (a smaller “mini” version of the traditional plate lunch consists of one serving of rice, a serving of macaroni salad, and a small serving of a hot entrée). L&L Hawaiian Barbecue’s unique meal composition and signature brand of Asian and American fusion cuisine has helped it to stand out from the others that offer Hawaiian style cuisine."
That's great that you were able to copy it from the website. L&L has traditional island style plates, with local favorites catering to the local population. I think the other person was referring to the fact that this is not a true HAWAIIAN meal. The true hawaiian plate is similar to what you'd eat at one of those corny mainlander "luaus". This would be: lau lau, kalua pig, poi, lomi salmon, and haupia.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 03-26-2011 at 05:28 AM..

Old 03-26-2011, 11:42 AM

645 posts, read 988,519 times
Been to Hawaii many times and very much miss the ono grinds found in teriyaki joints found all over the place in my former hometown, Seattle (a fairly strong Hawaiian population there). Does anyone else think that a Hawaiian plate lunch food truck would kill out here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary