Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 11:49 PM

610 posts, read 746,295 times

Advertisements

Drivers are better here than in S. Florida. Very few run red lights (most do down there), and drivers will stop in a parking lot to let someone cross from the store to where the cars park. Not happening in S. Florida.

People are friendlier and more courteous here. I'm loving it. Found my place at last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 11:00 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,771,836 times
Speaking of cars stopping to let people cross:

1) Too bad cars don't stop at crosswalks to let people do this, as per the law
2) I'm amazed of late how many pedestrians will walk right out in front of a car at my local Harris Teeter parking lot, without even looking to see if the car has seen them (often while talking on their phone)

Old 06-30-2014, 12:09 PM

43 posts, read 96,816 times
We moved to Cary last year and it is one of the greatest places we've ever lived and we plan on being here a very long time, if not forever. Let me start by saying there are two very distinct Carys. There is old Cary and new Cary. We, thank the lord, bought in old Cary because we just loved the older neighborhoods and wanted to be closer to Raleigh. To give you some perspective we are near Cary High School. It is one of the most real down to earth friendliest community focused neighborhoods/areas we could of hoped for. We absolutely love it here.

We spend most of our time in older Cary (SE Cary) and Raleigh but on the rare occasion that we visit newer Cary we understand where the reputation comes from. Very homogenous, very blah, no trees, no character.. just blah. And from eating at Tribeca Tavern and trying out a church in West Cary many of the people fit that stereotype as well. Obviously there are great folks out that way as well. But if you are thinking about moving to Cary I'd look really hard at older Cary. You absolutely can't beat it. Neighborhoods like Woods of Kildaire, Farmington Woods, Maynard Oaks, McDonald Woods, Pirates Cove... all just great places to live. If we had to buy all over again we'd end up in the exact same place and that's after exploring CH, Carborro, Durham, North Raleigh, Apex, etc. We love old Cary!

Old 06-30-2014, 02:09 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royals82 View Post
We moved to Cary last year and it is one of the greatest places we've ever lived and we plan on being here a very long time, if not forever. Let me start by saying there are two very distinct Carys. There is old Cary and new Cary. We, thank the lord, bought in old Cary because we just loved the older neighborhoods and wanted to be closer to Raleigh. To give you some perspective we are near Cary High School. It is one of the most real down to earth friendliest community focused neighborhoods/areas we could of hoped for. We absolutely love it here.

We spend most of our time in older Cary (SE Cary) and Raleigh but on the rare occasion that we visit newer Cary we understand where the reputation comes from. Very homogenous, very blah, no trees, no character.. just blah. And from eating at Tribeca Tavern and trying out a church in West Cary many of the people fit that stereotype as well. Obviously there are great folks out that way as well. But if you are thinking about moving to Cary I'd look really hard at older Cary. You absolutely can't beat it. Neighborhoods like Woods of Kildaire, Farmington Woods, Maynard Oaks, McDonald Woods, Pirates Cove... all just great places to live. If we had to buy all over again we'd end up in the exact same place and that's after exploring CH, Carborro, Durham, North Raleigh, Apex, etc. We love old Cary!
We live between new and old (off Weston Parkway). I rather like that. Hehehe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary