Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 04:28 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,689,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I think the great thing about your post is the use of the word gang. I think after all of the debate and discussion we feel like family when this topic comes up. I think the OP who often posts on this topic wanted to get us all going again and learning from each other. I hope this does not come off as chit chat for I think as we discuss it is helpful for us to keep the relationships that have developed going. I must be honest that having been off while finalizing the house one of the first things I did when I got internet service was to come to here and see what was the newest. I was hoping to find Frudy and engage him a tad as I truly do appreciate his thoughts and perspective. There is truth in all the gloom and truth in all the positive. We can only hope that the reality is more positive for all.
Lets have the gang chit chat in here and not out in the forum please . This is exactly why this thread
has been started .

And it will be alot easier for you all to keep your relationships going that you have developed and alot easier for people who come to the forums specifically looking for relocation info to not have to wade thru posts that are irrelevant to helping them do just that.

And Tuborg, Welcome to NC !!!

Last edited by autumngal; 12-18-2007 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 12-18-2007, 06:10 PM

3 posts, read 11,797 times
Default Scared About Making $$$$$$$$$$$

Hi Guys I Am A Newly 29 Year Single Guy Whose Is Thinking About Moving Down To Raleigh For Insurance Sales, I Make Decent Money In New Jersey But It Still Is Not Enough, Paying 2500 A Month For Housing Is Insane, At The Same Time I Still Want To Feel Successful How Does Money Flow Down There???????????????????????????????

Old 12-18-2007, 06:14 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,600,206 times
Money Flows Into My Pocket, Then Immediately Into My Wife's Purse, And Then Straight Out The Door

Old 12-18-2007, 08:33 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,385,415 times
Default Anyone going to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra?

We went to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in Massachusetts last Christmas and we had such a great time we have decided to make it a family tradition. So, we're off to see the TSO in Raleigh on Thursday. I can't wait. Is anyone else going?

Before we came down here my kids were sure that they couldn't do fun things like they did back in MA but this will show them that we can have fun down here.

Old 12-19-2007, 04:49 AM

1,467 posts, read 5,129,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdatlas View Post
We went to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in Massachusetts last Christmas and we had such a great time we have decided to make it a family tradition. So, we're off to see the TSO in Raleigh on Thursday. I can't wait. Is anyone else going?

Before we came down here my kids were sure that they couldn't do fun things like they did back in MA but this will show them that we can have fun down here.
Jdatlas - I'm going on Thursday night. It will be my first time seeing the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I'm looking forward to it even more after reading your post.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:09 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,342,074 times
Another FrOsTy morning in Wake Forest. Had to scrap the ole windshield again. Kinda of felt like upstate New York in October! Shhh...have to say that quietly here as it is the end of December and its the first time doing it.....Life is good! Other than that same ole same ole. Great thread theme! happy Happy joy joy! Rollin on out of here.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJingle View Post
Jdatlas - I'm going on Thursday night. It will be my first time seeing the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I'm looking forward to it even more after reading your post.
JJingle,

You will have a wonderful time. Their stage show is amazing.

Jackie

Old 12-19-2007, 06:37 AM

1,790 posts, read 6,517,023 times
I love TSO although never seen in person. I just put their CD in my changer yesterday.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citydweller View Post
I love TSO although never seen in person. I just put their CD in my changer yesterday.
I think they tour ever holiday season. If you get a chance to go see them next year I highly recommend it. I got our tickets early so we'll be close to the stage.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:45 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Smile Did you return to college?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Your stepson's situation sounds eerily familiar with me when I started school. Unfortunately I worked at Red Lobster so that suggestion is out the window as he obviously does not want to work at a restaurant BUT if he is into working out then why not work at a local fitness center? He may also enjoy working at a camp or YMCA or similar. Try meetup.com I know people have posted that before but it's actually pretty cool if you find the right group and sometimes it's free...sometimes it's not but it's something to do
Did you eventually return to complete your degree? If so what was your motivation and were you successful. You seem to be very successful today so I am sure any help from you would be appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary